color changin bottle?!?!?!

N

norm

Hopefully you guy's can help me. I am once again running to a problem I get. I use tamiya paints, thinned with water, in a Aztek A270. Here is the problem. I a working on Wingnut Wings Junkers J.1, And the interior and exterior are panted XF-71, Interior green. When I painted the inside of the cockpit, It came out a nice dark color, the way it is supposed to look. I am now working on the pilot's seat, and sprayed it with the same color, but it looks really pail and chalky. What am I doing wrong? Is it the way I thin the paint? Is it the paint It's self? Should I use primer from now on? Is it the number of layers? (I think I used more layers on the seat.) Should I strip the seat and re-spray? thank you, and if you want I can take and post a photo of what I am talking about.

M

m1ks

A photo would be handy, the layers could have an effect on the colour but the more layers the darker it should appear.

Provided you've used the exact same paint the colour shouldn't differ, the base colour however makes a big difference, so if the seat was white say and the interior dark green this will cause a colour shift unless you layer on more and more layers of colour.

N

norm

Ok I will take a photo. Incase I was not clear, the paint is the from the same bottle, and the cockpits sides and the seat are bolth sprayed over the bare plastic, of the same gray color.

N

norm

my camera is wearing out, I dont know If I will be able to put one up.

G

Gomer Pyle

I've had similar issues with Vallejo acrylics. They needed to be thinned very much to avoid constant clogging. It changed to a darker hue after sitting in the paint cup a few minutes. Not all the colors did this but I think it was isolated to the paints where more than one pigment was used, and where one of the pigments was considerably heavier than the other(s), causing it to sink to the bottom faster that the rest.

/Daniel