Colour for SAS uniform?

S

scoonesy

Hi people, I'm working on a diorama featuring sas soldiers (See SAS Counter-terrorism in england thread) and the soldiers arrived in the post today but i don't have the right colours, does anyone know a paint that resembles the colour of the blue-blackish uniforms that they use, that uniform they used in the iranian embassy siege of 1980. Thanks for any help :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As far as I am aware the "covert ops" where done in black uniforms.

Black is only black the first time it sees daylight, its down hill from there. If it where me I would look at the German tank commander black in Vallejos' Armour Aces range or just go with a very dark grey, or a black with a tint of blue or green in it. Just as long as they are not pure black it will work out fine.

Ian M

S

scoonesy

\ said:
As far as I am aware the "covert ops" where done in black uniforms.Black is only black the first time it sees daylight, its down hill from there. If it where me I would look at the German tank commander black in Vallejos' Armour Aces range or just go with a very dark grey, or a black with a tint of blue or green in it. Just as long as they are not pure black it will work out fine.

Ian M
Brilliant thanks, ill take a look