Combrig kits of IJN Ironclad Fuso (1900) and IJN Gunboat Heine (1895)f

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
V/thin coat of Liquitex, then textured with a flat spatula.image.jpg
wait 30 mins or so then smooth down with a wet brush to take off the higher wave points

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
That really was a bit of a battle!!!!! Have decided to have a break and move up a couple of scales to do some dry dock work on my revel 1/144 Snowberry. Will start another thread on this, maybe.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Those two look very nice Graham. They are tiny but with decent details.
Are they styrene or resin?

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
Those two look very nice Graham. They are tiny but with decent details.
Are they styrene or resin?
Hi Jim
They are resin, come from a Russian company called Combrig. They do a large range of (mostly Russian) early warships, in both 1/700 and 1/350 scales. They used to be sold by Mike McCabe at Starling Models but that’s gone out the window since Putins madness!! You can still get them on the likes of eBay but more expensive than Mike’s prices.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
1/700 IJN pre-dreadnoughts? How did I miss this?
Nothing wrong with having them together as Fuso fought at Yalu River in September 1894 and Heien was captured in February 1895.
This is Fuso pretty much as she was repaired after sinking in a collision with Matsushima in 1898, and put back into service as a coast defence ship in 1900, serving until 1908. Heien served until sunk off Port Arthur in September 1904

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Graham,
Apologies I have missed this up till now. That is beautiful work and in such a tiny scale.

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
Graham,
Apologies I have missed this up till now. That is beautiful work and in such a tiny scale.
Hi Paul, thank you for your comments. They are small, a scale down from my usual models. It has made me realise the limitations of my eyesight and abilities, so the next one is 2 scales (1/144) the other way!!!!! Interestingly it is the Ping Yuen again, a Bronco kit I ordered from China. First pricey purchase from that source but despite giving a 6/8 week delivery time on the site it arrived witin the fortnight.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
They are both looking really nice Graham. They look good together. Very neat, detailed work.