competition need your help

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I wrote to John Worth of RC Micro World www.cloud9rc.com and asked him if he would offer subscriptions as prizes for a competition and this is what he said

I can offer ten $ 12 subscriptions to the RC Micro World online magazine, good for the July through December 2005 issues.

John Worth
So any ideas for a competition?

A

adzam

:terrific: nah just pass them out !!

j/k would have to be something that can be done by all walks of modellors, :thinking: howabout a internet gold hunt ? ask for specific types of info (cryptic or otherwise) and have people scour the internet/magazines /books for info ?

and post answers via Pm`s ?

or a charity raffle ?

or bingo !

or identify items/people/places relevent to modelling from parst of pics, points gained for correct answer

or

most interesting model/story of a particular model

or

best model picture

just a few to start things going,

p.s wouldn`t be fair to have mods involved ;)

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I wrote to John Worth of RC Micro World www.cloud9rc.com and asked him if he would offer subscriptions as prizes for a competition and this is what he saidSo any ideas for a competition?
***Well the first thing that comes to mind is a simple 'submit your model' style competition,with that amount of generosity how about a selection of categories ?,modellers could submit pictures to a particular section and after a given time judging could begin,it could be split into boats,land vehicles,aircraft etc,I think that there must be scores of members models hiding under a bushel,if we could persuade them to bring them to light regardless of the age of the models then that would be great for all parties,what do you think to that idea John ? or how about a competition on the lines of 'How I got started into scale-modelling' ? the latter would create a bit more traffic,I am sure there must be some great stories out there just waiting to be told,it is too good an offer to miss.

A

adzam

since the prize is for rc microflite, then it maybe limits things more to flyers

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
since the prize is for rc microflite' date=' then it maybe limits things more to flyers[/quote']It does, but we do have a lot of flyers on here, but also maybe it might get others interested

A

adzam

well howabout one of barry`s excellent quizzes ?

like you`ve tried in the past .

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
since the prize is for rc microflite' date=' then it maybe limits things more to flyers[/quote']*** I just re-read that bit,I am not familiar with this magazine,does it just deal with micro flight models ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
well howabout one of barry`s excellent quizzes ? like you`ve tried in the past .
*** The quiz was not too successful was it John ? its just getting the gang motivated,like getting bums on seats in the sales world.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Still thinking chaps,whatever it is,it needs to be simple and easy to put into place,it would be a pity not to think of something for this one quickly,thinking caps on ?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Still thinking chaps' date='whatever it is,it needs to be simple and easy to put into place,it would be a pity not to think of something for this one quickly,thinking caps on ?[/quote']I agree the quicker the better

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I agree the quicker the better
*** How about a photographic competition with a scale-modelling theme ? we really must sort this one,thinking caps in mega mode everyone.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thats funny,my last message seems to have vanished ! another brainwave that I had was a photographic competition based on anything to do with Scale-models ? what do you think about that idea ?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thats funny' date='my last message seems to have vanished ! [/quote']I can see it :smiling3:

There is no reason why we can't have a couple of competitions, I like Adz idea of guess the photo from a small part of it as well.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I can see it :smiling3: There is no reason why we can't have a couple of competitions, I like Adz idea of guess the photo from a small part of it as well.
*** That has given me an idea,remember when they used to show some unusual close up angle on some well known things,like the teeth of a comb,a door mat etc,what about the same thing with modelling materials,ie end grain of a piece of balsa wood,top view of a cyno bottle,a paint brush end on etc naturally some real teasers could be included,is that a viable idea ?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
*** That has given me an idea' date='remember when they used to show some unusual close up angle on some well known things,like the teeth of a comb,a door mat etc,what about the same thing with modelling materials,ie end grain of a piece of balsa wood,top view of a cyno bottle,a paint brush end on etc naturally some real teasers could be included,is that a viable idea ?[/quote']Thats what I thought Adz ment? but yes I think thats good, all we need is a few good pics from someone with a lot of models, don't we Barry :thumbs-up

A

adzam

yup thats what i meant, barry surely there`s model`s in your vicinity that haven`t been shown in the forum yet ?

B

Bluewavestudios

Mmm not always easy to think of a good idea for a competition but I would go along with the Model Photo bit and get an independant Judge to pick the winner.

At least the pics can cover all aspects of modelling as we do on here.

Regards......Mark.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
John Worth has made a member here, I'm sure he could judge it, although from his emails he's a man of few words, so he may not want to.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
How many images do we require John ? I can get started on them tonight if you like.