Completed - Classic Airframes 1/48 Avro Anson

First Name
Dave
Well it's finally finished.In 'X'factor/Britains got no talent idiot speak 'Its been a Journey!.....an emotional roller coaster!!'.Bloody emotional when I broke the front canopy I can tell you!.I then went on a 'journey' of plunge moulding to make a new one.And I'm very pleased with the result.This has been a difficult build.Almost all the problems were of my own making though.Its a nice kit,but not for the novice.Despite my hamfisted attempts to wreck it I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out.The Microscale decals that come with the kit are some of the best Ive ever used.very thin and strong.Ididn't really weather it.Just brushed a bit of pastel dust over the raised details.Although it doesn't show up in the photo's.Also,I need to highlight the control surfaces a bit more.I need an easy build after this one.So I'm going to do a Revell 1/48 Spitfire mk9 my wife gave me for Christmas.

First Name
Michael
This is top notch work Dave *****

I've really enjoyed watching you put this together, the canopy rescue was superb, well done on such a fantastic model and thanks so much for putting it all here for us to share. Michael

P.s I've got one of these bought from a charity shop over a year ago, I'm not sure yet whether watching you build yours has made me want to make it sooner or move it down the pile. M

M

mobear

i love it personally will give it 5*s,the paint job is awesome in my opinion

mobear

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Well persevered that man. A cracking build thread and a great result at the end.

5 well earned stars from me as well.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Dave really enjoyed watching this build come together! All the struggles have paid off into a really sharp looking Bird that you do'nt see modelled often. A well deserved 5 stars from me,very nicely done Sir!!!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic finish to the Anson Dave, despite all those issues you have turned it into a top model to be proud of.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well Dave you finally beat the thing into submission. It looks really good. I've followed the build as you've gone along and had the impression the model might have been flirting with the dustbin once or twice. Thankfully you persevered and the result is here for us all to admire.....nice one!

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very well done on keeping yourself sane Dave and producing this superb model.

Big 5* for the aircraft, your perseverance and saving the project.

Cheers,

Ron

First Name
Dave
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.Glad you all enjoyed my build thread.I read all these perfect builds in magazines.So I like to do a real world build with all the mistakes and cock ups included.Im not the best modeller out there and im still learning with every build.Its not the best model I've made,but its certainly one of the most satisfying.And yes Steve,it was nearly ready for the bin on a few occasions.But I've learnt over the years that when something goes wrong Its best to leave it alone and come back to it when I've calmed down.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
What can I say Dave she's turned out perfect, all that hard work has paid off *5.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Caledonia

Hi Dave, been watching this one from the wings so to speak. You've beaten all the problems to produce a superb model of the old lady - 5 Star from me too. Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Brilliant build dave , its been great watching your 'journey' ! The canopy turned out mighty fine and its real nice to see a faithful old annie modelled , its made me want to look for an airfix 1/72 one ! 5 star build , and 5 stars for perseverance matey! cheers tony

B

Boldman

Yup that was a journey and a half - and now thanks to you I've got one in my stash for later as its likely that my Dad worked on these in his time in the RAF ;)

Nice result, well done!

First Name
Dave
Thanks Andrew.Id like to see it when you've built it.It really is a nice kit.

P

phalinmegob

brilliant job, well done, you have a lot more patience than i have,mine would of been in the bin

S

Sky Raider

I agree with everyone else here and there isnt much more i can say. Top work 5 stars from me.

Andy