COMPLETED: DR-WHO-DESTROYED DALEK.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Here is a Dalek that was broken (no head dome) so I made a little vignette showing a destroyed Dalek. Scratch made the head parts, heated and softened-pitted and bent, has had blue burnt steel and smoke pigments then resin with chrome added to give that hi-tec molten alloy look. Used filter washes to add to the dust/grime on top of a black wash.

Base is foam tiles, sprayed grey and then various washes added via sponging, added some plastic iron work to add something for the eye-rusted it and then added some chrome splashes.

This Dalek has been there a long time and some creature has covered it in webs.

Build time-6 hours-nice, simple and fun.

Comments welcome.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 84692

View attachment 84693

View attachment 84694

View attachment 84695

View attachment 84696

View attachment 84697

View attachment 84698

DSCF3457.JPG

DSCF3456.JPG

DSCF3453.JPG

DSCF3449.JPG

DSCF3447.JPG

DSCF3448.JPG

DSCF3459.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
As the daleks are my number one sci-fi moster all i can say is thats another great build from si's work bench please keep em coming.

Peter t

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I knew this would be a great build but needed a second opinion from the biggest dr who fan I've ever known and he said cool wow and it looks fantastic and he approves :smiling3:

So it's a great build from me and my son Paul who wants to know if he can buy it lol

D

Deleted member 3568

Yet again another great build from the master (model builder that is, not the master, master if you know what I mean) couldn't you produce a piece of poo once in a while to make us all feel better about our skills.

What did you use for the Web btw.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I knew this would be a great build but needed a second opinion from the biggest dr who fan I've ever known and he said cool wow and it looks fantastic and he approves :smiling3: So it's a great build from me and my son Paul who wants to know if he can buy it lol
If he wants it he can have it mate, glad you both like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yet again another great build from the master (model builder that is, not the master, master if you know what I mean) couldn't you produce a piece of poo once in a while to make us all feel better about our skills.What did you use for the Web btw.
Cheers Ken. The web is the stuff that is used in the film industry-like elasticated cotton-wool-the more you stretch it the more thready it becomes.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks good, nice one Si, and I'm glad it's destroyed.

I'm also glad that I discovered that Daleks can levitate upstairs as an adult and not as that 10 year old boy peeking out from behind grandma's settee :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
It makes me very happy to announce that 'Derek' the defunct Dalek is going to a new home. Alan has told me that his son is a really big fan and he loves it...so it is his. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

W

Willi262

So when this dalek says "Exterminate", he actually wants help with the 'spider problem'... ;)

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I'm no Dr Who fan but Si, yet again you've pulled off another great build, well done mate

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
absolutely great stuff Si, :D , always been a Dr Who,fan and the Daleks have always been long time fav,s great work on him, ;)

and do like how you jive us some think diffidence and always top builds, so forward to your need surprise :rolleyes:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Si. Daleks aren't so scary now as they were when I was a bit younger.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That final touch has topped it, good move Si ;)

Lee :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Dr Who loved this when I was a lad with John Pertwee and your dalek is awesome Si and it's great that you are sending it to Alan's son Paul . I'd just like to add that I love your next build whatever it maybe lol well done mate on the build and your generosity top man cheers John

First Name
Richard
Hi Si,

this is a beauty, you did it again absolutely stunning and beautiful workmanship.

really like it. Allot!!

Cheers Richi

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Nice one Si. Daleks aren't so scary now as they were when I was a bit younger.
The Daleks and Cybermen (despite what looked like vacuum cleaner parts attached to them ) scared me most. Other monsters were a bit too silly or human like. The Ice Warriors looked like men in bad latex suits even to a ten year old! For some reason, at that time, the Cybermen didn't :smiling3:

The Daleks were alien enough and ruthless enough to be really frightening, despite speaking English.

Modern Doctor Who is seriously large budget sci-fi and one of the BBC's flag ship programmes. It is easy to forget just how low budget the original few series were. They weren't bad for it either. I remember being in a play ground full of kids, well boys, all doing their best Dalek "exterminate". I think it continued on the bus home, nobody was collected from school in those days, so it must have had some effect.

Cheers

Steve