Completed **"Ernst quick, we are pulling out!" ** Completed

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here is the finished diorama of our hero 'Ernst'.

The soldiers guarding the village have been ordered to pull out. Ernst's comrades are trying to find him. Hearing someone moving below he has quickly resumed his 'On guard posture' when really he's been asleep in the..........?

I started this with just a funny notion....I wanted a figure to be doing something slightly different and came up with Ernst!

I won't go through the specifics of the build, although the basics have been explained during the construction, but I will start a 'How to' in the next few days, so I can go through the stages in more detail.

I used some Tamiya 1/35 German Grenadiers for the figures, which I had in my box of tricks. The buildings around the model are the three I made as my first attempt at buildings (This being my third) You will notice I moved them around to suit the photos. I didn't want to wreck these, so they are just a back drop to hide my wall paper! Cheating I know but....

I have taken some photos in colour, some in B/W.

I'm afraid I couldn't resist the temptation to have a play and alter the poses of the figures, so I have included these at the end as well...hence the far too many pictures......What the heck, the sun is shining and the Daffodils are nearly out!

I hope you like my diorama, it was great fun building, and wrecking.

All comments, good, bad, neutral, will all be gratefully received.

Once again I apologies for the photo overload and it looks like a bit of repetition has crept in too.

I've also just noticed I have got the main title wrong as well......I need a beer!

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 43451

View attachment 43452

View attachment 43453

View attachment 43454

View attachment 43455

View attachment 43456

View attachment 43457

View attachment 43458

View attachment 43459

View attachment 43460

View attachment 43461

View attachment 43462

View attachment 43463

View attachment 43464

View attachment 43465

View attachment 43466

View attachment 43467

View attachment 43468

View attachment 43469

View attachment 43470

View attachment 43471

View attachment 43472

View attachment 43473

View attachment 43474

View attachment 43475

View attachment 43476

View attachment 43477

View attachment 43478

View attachment 43479

View attachment 43480

View attachment 43481

View attachment 43482

View attachment 43483

View attachment 43484

View attachment 43485

Hans quick. We are pulling out 091.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 098.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 099.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 100.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 088.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 089.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 090.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 110.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 102.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 103.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 104.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 107.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 109.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 123.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 124.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 115.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 116.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 118.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 120.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 121.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 122.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 138.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 140.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 141.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 142.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 129.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 131.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 132.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 133.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 134.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 135.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 136.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 137.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 128.jpg

Hans quick. We are pulling out 127.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kressy13

Wow. Not much else to say mate. This is absolutely outstanding. 5***** for sure. The houses and the rubble look perfect. Poor Ernst just wanted a nap. lol.

Cheers

Kresten

D

dubster72

You must be tired of getting all these compliments Ron! That's just excellent, as ever it tells a story & the building work is great. I've been watching this from the start & I've not been disappointed.

The bath that Ernst in standing in is a nice touch as is the all-important bucket!

I'm wondering if I've seen those panzer grenadiers before, on the back of a Tiger perhaps? Unless you've a stock of them!

Top work Ron, definitely worth 5 stars.

Patrick

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Top marks Ron 5* what fantastic detail well done.

Vaughan

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Brilliant as usual Ron. I thoroughly enjoyed browsing through that lot.

30 odd photos used to be a whole roll of film not so long ago but there's not a bad nor boring one amongst them!

Cheers

Steve

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Ron what can i say THATS RUBBISH

Made to look absolutly FANTASTIC i don't know how you do it. Great skill and the photos are just as good Loved watching this go together my hat goes off to you sir

G

Greg147

Looking your usual excellent standard, Ron. Really don't know how you can knock these things out so quickly ;)

P

phalinmegob

spot on ron....i need a complete walkthrough of how you do your piles of rubbish and masonary because it looks so bloody real! five stars from me buddy

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
5 stars yet again Ron. On the plus side i bet you enjoyed the pizza too :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
C'mon Ron! Show us how you do this please! I know I already owe you an Eccles cake for giving away your secret - how about another one for a 'how to'?

Payable at Cosford of course.

Gern

N

noble

Ron my friend a huge 6 stars from me another wonderful piece to be very proud of and a nice story to boot.

scott

T

tommy1drop

Excellent, top grade work Ron, you never get bored looking at it as there is so much detail.

Tom

M

mobear

awsome mate what do you do in ur spare time and where do u display them?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys for the very complimentary and humourous posts. I always enjoy getting them, whatever the content. They made great reading......

Patrick, great memory, spot on. They were last seen with a few others on the back of a Tiger tank. It made me have a look at the pictures and I realised what a bloody awful cammo I did on it (in the days when I knew no better! lol)

Steve. That's the trouble with digital cameras and me...Snap happy!

Dave. Two Eccles cakes it is!

Andrew. I will try and sort out a 'Walk through' soon. I'm going to have a bash at 1/72 1944 French village street, so I could combine the two then.

Mobear. Spare time? I haven't any....I'm 90% retired, so I'm far too busy!

Because money and space are always at a premium, I have to recycle most of my stuff, so once made, I take some pictures and then they are history. However, because they are both small, I will keep this and my derelict farm dioramas, and as my family and friends think my hobby a bit strange, the models will end up in a box in the loft, where the mice will probably make a nest......

Thanks again to you all for your input.

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CDW

\ said:
, so once made, I take some pictures and then they are history. ......................... the models will end up in a box in the loft, where the mice will probably make a nest
Thats such a shame..... Is there nowhere that you could donate them to such as a smaller museum, library, school or something. There's a Fishing museum type thing up here that i'm hoping will take on the crab boat after it's finished (as i'm told they have models of the same quality there already from different fishing era), if not then it'll go to the local primary school.

First Name
Chris
Outstanding as always Ron, great idea, great execution, 5* from me also

Regards

Chris

C

Caledonia

Ron, you have just raised the bar again, it's all been said 5 Star from me too. Cheers Derek