Completed (I guess?!?!) Italeri 1/72 AC-130 Spectre

P

phikoleoputra

Thanks for the info Terry, i'll try it next time.

Cheers Leo

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That looks great Leo the weathering is superb and that little bit of grass at the side makes it look all the more realistic

Top job

On a side note I came across these in my LHS , you get eight A4 size sheets for around a £5 View attachment 81138

This is what it looks like View attachment 81139

image.jpg

image.jpg

P

phikoleoputra

Thanks Patrick and Alan.

Those things you bought would've make life easier. I tried using a rough sandpaper but it didn't workout, ao i scavenged kit boxes and cut them to pieces. And worked superb. Will update as soon as i'm done with this.

Cheers

Leo

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
No probs Leo only glad to help , I didn't know you could get these and I only found them while looking in the train section for bits for a dio I'm working on

I look forward to the finished dio mate :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats hit the spot Leo, well done looks 100 % better, spend all the time on the plane that looks fantastic ,and now the base matches , :cool:

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
thats hit the spot Leo, well done looks 100 % better, spend all the time on the plane that looks fantastic ,and now the base matches , :cool:
Thanks Monica,

Spent the last 2 days searching the best material for the tarmac then voila.

Cheers

W

Willi262

There! That looks perfect!

Very convincing tarmac, much better than the styrofoam. (Although that did look like wet concrete, this version does look a lot better).

P

phikoleoputra

Thanks Steve, thanks to you i was able to built the base ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yeah, that SPectre just came to life on that new base Leo. Nice work, looks like it is on display at an airshow.

P

phikoleoputra

Hi all,

I guess it's the finished product. I still feel something can be added here but I'm running out of idea :sad:

I added U.S.A.F van, light generator, fire extinguisher and stairs. As usual, any comments are most welcomed.

Cheers Leo

ps. Maybe administrator can move this thread to "completed diorama". Thanks

View attachment 81642

View attachment 81643

View attachment 81644

View attachment 81645

View attachment 81646

View attachment 81647

View attachment 81648

View attachment 81649

View attachment 81650

View attachment 81651

View attachment 81652

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

C

Caretaker109

Nice diorama.

One question though, there are several mechanics working on the plane and even on one of the propellers.

What is that yellow guy with hisd paddles doing in front of the plane? :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

Where did you get the portable light unit? I have been looking for some of them in 1/48 scale as they use them at fairford whenever there is deployments. Which sadly is very rarely these days.

That whole scene looks great

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Nice diorama.One question though, there are several mechanics working on the plane and even on one of the propellers.

What is that yellow guy with hisd paddles doing in front of the plane? :smiling3:
Hmmm, make sense. I think i will relieve him from his duty anytime soon. Lol. Thanks mate

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Where did you get the portable light unit? I have been looking for some of them in 1/48 scale as they use them at fairford whenever there is deployments. Which sadly is very rarely these days.That whole scene looks great
Thanks Terry. I bought it from hobbyeasy.com but it's 1/72 scale and it's Hasegawa product. They have the 1/48 scale the item number is X48-4 also by Hasegawa.

W

Willi262

Simple, take the guy in yellow with the paddles, and place him in back by the cargo ramp. Put a truck or van nearby and it should look like he is directing traffic, instead of the plane.