COMPLETED Macchi C 205 "Veltro"

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Finally done. It's from the 21st Century Toys 1/32 kit.

There's a sort of build log here: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/under-construction/17500-macchi-205-veltro.html

Unusually for me there's no back story,I don't know much about Italian aviation! The instructions say this aircraft was flown by an unknown pilot of II./JG 77 from Lagnasco,Italy.

Here's a fly around. The stand is one of my custom made acrylic jobbies.

I quite like these kits. They are simple but make pretty decent models IMHO.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Clearly up to your usual ***** standard Steve.

I notice you've left the prop blades off for the in-flight pose. I reckon that's miles better than those prop blur things - at least for close-ups anyway. That just leaves the problem of painting the spiral on the spinner. Do you do as you've done, or paint it as a blur of all the colours - this one would look pale grey I reckon?

Gern

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers Dave, I'd not thought about a "spinning" spiral. Would it not still be visible? It was a recognition marking later in the war. I'm off to find an old spinner to stick on a Dremel :smiling3:

I'm interested to see what happens.

Steve

Edit: and the results of the experiment are 1) From head on the spiral remains visible as a spiral,slightly blurred.

2) From the side it becomes indistinct,more so the further from the point of the spinner you go.

As a trained scientist I have to report that this is for one particular spiral spinner attached to one particular B+D drill (couldn't find the Dremel!) I should also report that this was all good fun and on no account to be taken too seriously.

I reckon you've got two choices,paint it on or leave it off! You can't really swop spinners depending on what angle you are viewing the model from :smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Steve another splendid looking build! Very nice smoke ring cammo too, you really nailed it! cheers Trey

M

mobear

its fantastic 5*s just for the rings,lovely plane to boot

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Steve that is something very different coming from the Stona Hangar. I can only say this.

I like it. You have made a great job of that camouflage and naturally the whole paint job is to your normal high standard!!!

Five big fat stars from me.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Steve , ive just done some more research and the spinner WAS pointed !.........nah just kidding!!!! This looks great , it really comes to life in the flight pose and the smoke ring camo looks spot on , big 5 * from me too , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Steve, an interesting subject brought to life in your in flight pics.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Beautiful all round job Steve. Great result with the cammo....and excellent pictures too!

Big 5*

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Cheers Dave, I'd not thought about a "spinning" spiral. Would it not still be visible? It was a recognition marking later in the war. I'm off to find an old spinner to stick on a Dremel :smiling3: I'm interested to see what happens.

Steve

Edit: and the results of the experiment are 1) From head on the spiral remains visible as a spiral,slightly blurred.

2) From the side it becomes indistinct,more so the further from the point of the spinner you go.

As a trained scientist I have to report that this is for one particular spiral spinner attached to one particular B+D drill (couldn't find the Dremel!) I should also report that this was all good fun and on no account to be taken too seriously.

I reckon you've got two choices,paint it on or leave it off! You can't really swop spinners depending on what angle you are viewing the model from :smiling3:
Just what I expected to hear from someone like yourself Steve! An answer backed up by research and not just some WAG :lol Good one.

You're right though, I hadn't thought it through. Unless it was spinning extremely fast, of course you'd still see the spiral.

Gern

N

noble

excellent work Steve how did you do your rings? i did mine free hand with my air brush but i get a bit of overspray with mine.

Scott