Completed Slave I

B

beav1013

Hey guys. Here's my finally completed Slave I. It was a labor of love and headaches if you saw my WIP posts. Took me probably over 2 months to do, off and on. i have 2 storm troopers from other kits that i might do and put behind frozen han.

i am very happy with how the paint job turned out. it was a lot of fun to see the results when using the liquid frisket. i used my normal chalk pastel wash. did some dry brushing with light grey enamel paint.

When i put the canopy on, i tried using the tamiya liquid cement. some of it dripped down and smeared the canopy. it was really visible after taking the masking tape off. i tried tinting some gloss clear with black to make the canopy tinted. i think that actually came out pretty well, but it's hard to see the inside now. i wish i didn't have to, but it really toned down the smears so i'm ok with it.

hope you enjoy it. comments welcome.

View attachment 32820

View attachment 32821

View attachment 32822

View attachment 32823

View attachment 32824

View attachment 32825

View attachment 32826

View attachment 32827

View attachment 32828

View attachment 32829

View attachment 32830

View attachment 32831

View attachment 32832

DSCN3022.jpg

DSCN3020.jpg

DSCN3012.jpg

DSCN3017.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

DSCN3025.jpg

DSCN3019.jpg

DSCN3023.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg

DSCN3016.jpg

DSCN3021.jpg

DSCN3024.jpg

DSCN3018.jpg

N

noble

What a fantastic piece mate you should be proud of that iam going to give you 5 stars well done.

scott

H

Hunty22

Lovely job. 5 stars here, so much detail and a fantastic paint job.

Steve

B

beav1013

thanks guys. i appreciate the 5 stars. always a very nice remark to hear from guys on this forum. when i get around to painting the stormtroopers i'll put that up.

K

katerocks

Well what a bench mark to aspire to, excellent work you truly are an inspireation.

Andrew

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Jim

That's a fantastic finish you've got on Slave 1, the paint chipping is real quality I love the layered feel of it.

Well done mate

Paul

B

beav1013

thanks paul. the paint chipping was long and involved, but definitely worth it.

T

treyzx10r

Great job Jim, really like the paint work.Too bad about the glue marring the canopy, I use formula 500 canopy glue it dries clear and wo'nt attack the plastic

B

beav1013

thanks trey. i do have the testors glue for clear parts, but sometimes (for me anyway) it can get onto inside of the canopy and that doesn't look good either. i thought i'd be clever and use regular tamiya extra thin cement, and i almost pulled it off. but i had it upside down when i should have been applying it facing down (if that makes sense). maybe i'll give it another try in 10 years or something.

A

Armorbuilder65

I have seen a LOT of slave one builds, but yours is unbelievable. The paint chipping, the subtle wash, it's PERFECT. Bravo!

Robert:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice One Jim! Love the chipped and flaking paint.

Ian M

W

Waffen Bucks

The detail, paint job and all around skill involved in this build is a credit to you Jim and Boba Fett. Simply amazing job!!! GO SLAVE 1 !!!!