Completed Star Wars AT-ST

B

beav1013

Hey guys, here's my completed AT-ST. This was another cheap kit I got (pretty old + snap together = $15), but the detail seemed pretty good for an older kit. I made the base with some real branches from the yard, static grass and some potting moss for plants. I still glued most of it together and it required a good deal of filling on the hull sides.

I used tamiya acrylics for the paint, did some enamel washes, chalk pastel wash, used a rotary tool for the battle damage, and used some modelling clay around the neck joint to beef that up a bit.

I just got some AK Interactive weathering items and tried them out. I was pretty happy with the streaking grime (pretty sure that's what i used). I used that for oily/grime stains coming out of the guns/cannons on the sides and some grime in the back. I tried some pigments on the feet but most of it blew off when i put the final flat clear on. i still liked the end results of the pigments though.

Hope you all like it.

View attachment 62373

View attachment 62374

View attachment 62375

View attachment 62376

View attachment 62377

View attachment 62378

View attachment 62379

View attachment 62380

View attachment 62381

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Love it Jim. I would love to give the Star Wars kits a go some day.

W

Waffen Bucks

YES YES and YES again. So cool. Love the diorama. I've got one of these snap kits in my "to do" box. 5*****

B

beav1013

thanks andrew. it's a good kit despite being so basic. i wanted to do a dio with the 2 logs coming in on ropes to crush it on the sides but there's too much going on at home right now so that would've taken forever.

good luck with yours.

T

treyzx10r

Jim that came out killer! I love the blast scar on the front and the paint work is really dimensional giving lots of depth ! Very nicely done Sir! 5 star effort for sure. Nice base too simple and effective,cheers Trey

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb work you've done a cracking job all round

First Name
Aaron
Wow this is awesome, id love to slap some balkencruz on the side of this =p

A few drops of thinner applied over the pigments (i use an eyedropper) will keep them in place.

I love this.

P

Polux

I like it very much!! And the soil you do remember me the film one... excellent!!

5 stars from me to!

Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Jim, and that base is the bees knees.

5 stars mate.

Tony.

B

beav1013

thanks guys. i really appreciate the comments. it's fun when the cheap models turn into something fun like this.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You've captured that Star Wars trademark look of hard wear & tear and little maintenance just right Jim. Very nicely done indeed so add my ***** to your collection.

Gern