Compressor noise-reduction

J

johnpipe108

I got to the point of dealing with mixing some paint, and putting it through an airbrush. Realized as I set up that I could put my compressor in the bed-room ...

... while the tank with regulator and airbrush connection sits in the bath a few feet away where I put up a "disposable" jerry-rigged "spray-booth":

This is one of the things I like about this particular apartment; there's no one downstairs (utility tunnel and the earth), and the neighbor next-door is "deaf as a post" according to her daughter!

The room doors here all have good bottom clearance over the carpet, so there's no problem closing the bed-room door over the coil-hose, and I don't have to listen to the compressor when it re-cycles!

Regards,

John

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Good Setup John......... I think I'm going to have to think long and hard about my compressor. I have someone lives below me. Maybe I'll suspend it from the ceiling :fool:

Peter

T

tecdes

Having moved into to a flat I have had similar problems John & Peter.

First I obtained from yes B & Q a big plastic box in which all airbrushing can take place. Goes under the work top when not in use.

Compressor I have placed under the work top. I have mounted this on a thick ply base which is all then mounted on a 100mm piece of foam. With this & the flat being built to the latest sound reduction detail I hope this will be OK. Cannot be any worse & probably much better than the washing machine which give off a lovely racket in final spin.

Laurie

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Having moved into to a flat I have had similar problems John & Peter.First I obtained from yes B & Q a big plastic box in which all airbrushing can take place. Goes under the work top when not in use.

Compressor I have placed under the work top. I have mounted this on a thick ply base which is all then mounted on a 100mm piece of foam. With this & the flat being built to the latest sound reduction detail I hope this will be OK. Cannot be any worse & probably much better than the washing machine which give off a lovely racket in final spin.

Laurie
I think I'll have to come up with a similar plan Laurie.

Peter