concorde

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
revells 1/144 concorde with homemade stand. Is this the most graceful, beautiful aircraft ever? What does everyone else think? thanks for looking , tony
Nice job Tony, looks real against the sky. I have a limited edition watch that was sold marking the maiden flight to New York. Never been worn and never been out of the box. Need to find a Concord fanatic who might want to buy it. I know when they de-commissioned the Concord people were fighting over bits from it.

Well done

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
cheers andy,your comments are as always much appreciated,you ought to get the watch on e-bay,you might be sitting on a fortune!btw i saw a r/c jet powered concorde on youtube the other day-amazing. you radio control guys must have balls of steel to be able to risk flying them after all the hard work of building(not to mention cost!!)keep practising with the cessna and looking forward to seeing the jug in the air. cheers tony

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
cheers andy,your comments are as always much appreciated,you ought to get the watch on e-bay,you might be sitting on a fortune!btw i saw a r/c jet powered concorde on youtube the other day-amazing. you radio control guys must have balls of steel to be able to risk flying them after all the hard work of building(not to mention cost!!)keep practising with the cessna and looking forward to seeing the jug in the air. cheers tony
You are welcome. It is a risk i know but like most things, if you take your time and dont do anything stupid you shouldnt crash. I started the B25 tonight, did an hour and half, run out of green Zap C/A. Need to get some before i can progress further.

Cheers

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
a 25 litre drum of superglue, please

\ said:
You are welcome. It is a risk i know but like most things, if you take your time and dont do anything stupid you shouldnt crash. I started the B25 tonight, did an hour and half, run out of green Zap C/A. Need to get some before i can progress further.Cheers

Andy
Youve run out of superglue already!,im not surprised ,a 1/8 scale b25 is going to take hundreds of bottles!!I bet they love you at your local hobby store. Hang on a minute ,im off to buy some shares in zap ltd!! tony :emo6:

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Youve run out of superglue already!,im not surprised ,a 1/8 scale b25 is going to take hundreds of bottles!!I bet they love you at your local hobby store. Hang on a minute ,im off to buy some shares in zap ltd!!tony :emo6:
Ha Ha, you are full of shining wit, lol. I cant count how many i used on the Jug.

Andy

G

Gladiator111

Nice Concorde Yak, and the photo's look realistic and seem at the right angle. Well done. :emo1:

Well, I have just finished a quicky model - a little Academy Spad XIII 1/72nd scale. It's about 2" long and just as wide. Shall post a couple of picies when the Klear has dried.

Chris

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi all , im just giving this thread a bit of a bump ,cause theres a lot of interest in home made stands recently and the photos with the sky background give a better view of the clear acrylic rod and how its fitted into a hole drilled in the bottom of the model (plus any excuse to see a bit of blue summer sky for a change!!!) cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Tony, A beautiful aircraft beautifully presented as always. Derek

F

Fenlander

Gorgeous build of, as you say, a beautiful and unique aircraft. Great camera work to.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent model and pictures mate, you are quite right it is a beautiful aircraft. My Brother in Law's ex. wife's father was one of the top designers of Concorde.

I went aboard the Concorde at the Duxford Museum last year, what a monsterous wing area it has and there was a bloke walking on it...he looked like a flee on a Hippo's back!!

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
She looks lovely. What a machine Concorde was. Mankind took one of it's,thankfully rare, steps backwards when she went out of service.An aircraft conceived in the '50s and designed in the '60s that would look modern if it was presented today....brilliant.

Steve