Cornered!! Russia 1943

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
B

backonthecase

Very nice Ron! I think the 2nd last photo is the highlight - looks like a movie angle!! What did you use for the snow?

Stuart

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Very nice Ron! I think the 2nd last photo is the highlight - looks like a movie angle!! What did you use for the snow?Stuart
Thanks for that Stuart, the snow is just some matt white emulsion paint I kept back from painting the ceilings at home. Then I just use a brush and paint where I require the white i.e., over the shaped ground, the logs, tree trunks and the like. Finally, a light sprinkling of white Polyfilla powder.

The observant ones (all) will no doubt notice the dio is from my earlier 'Bring him in' effort.

Hey ho, what the heck!!

:beer:

Ron

B

backonthecase

\ said:
Thanks for that Stuart, the snow is just some matt white emulsion paint I kept back from painting the ceilings at home. Then I just use a brush and paint where I require the white i.e., over the shaped ground, the logs, tree trunks and the like. Finally, a light sprinkling of white Polyfilla powder.The observant ones (all) will no doubt notice the dio is from my earlier 'Bring him in' effort.

Hey ho, what the heck!!

:beer:

Ron
I just checked out "Bring Him In" as well! A very interesting and sombre scene!! Both very good little Dios, thanks for the tip on the snow as well!

Stuart

F

Fenlander

Nice one Ron, once again you have captured the action in a little scene so well, very nice.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another little cracker Ron. I don't know how you manage to make even the simplest of ideas look so good.

Gern

C

Cov1

Very clever stuff Ron, do you tell stories to the kids as you have a good imagination.

Top work sir!

Ade

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks men for the nice comments.

The figures have been finished for a while, I had other plans for them but I decided to post early as there are very few figures on at the moment....

Got to have a bit of variation don't you know, old chap, what!!

Ade, My 40yr. old son would look daft on my knee now so I sit on my bouncy nurse's knee instead and she tells me stories. I remember on one occasion my hand .......

I NEED A DRINK!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now thats a very good example of recycling. I recognised the dio in the first picture. It just goes to show that you dont have to make a new base for every dio.,

Simple effective and as per usual very well presentation of some very good figures!!!

Ian M

R

Richy C

Another great dio Ron , and I found the bucket , a nice change mate with all the 190`s about at the moment , its made me want to crack on with my own dio`s

Richy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the comments boys.

Richy, to be honest I had taken a couple of shots before I remembered the bucket so I quickly shoved it in the dio.!!!

One close call...

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
great stuff ron mate, brilliant sense of the soldiers desperately fighting for their lives, although if it had been me id have been on the bike going the other way!!!!! like richy says too,it makes a change from all these focke wulfs,which reminds me ,i must crack on with mine! cheers tony