Corsair F4U-1A

T

treyzx10r

Michael ,Thats cool we'll have some fun watching these bent wing birds build up!! Hows the Arii kit?

A

andygh

I'll be watching too. I've got the Matchbox 1/48 version waiting for some attention and the Corsair was one of the aircraft my Dad looked after during WW2

First Name
Aaron
Yes! I saw one of these fly at an airshow earlier this year it was so quick and quiet, Great to see two on the go :great:

C

CDW

I can see a "build off" on the horizon Michael.. heh heh

It'll be nice to see how you and Trey tackle the same plane.

First Name
Aaron
Yep im with Roman, The office looks nice.

T

treyzx10r

Off to a nice start with the office,I agree with all it does look great!

First Name
Michael
really enjoying this build, kit is going together well and I love the subject, interesting to see how big it is next to other 1/48 scale fighters of the same era.

Anyway got the main fuse together the other night now got wings, canopy on, few touches of putty and primer.

Looking forward to getting the paint down but have to make trip to LMS, will try to get out of there without doing too much damage to the wallet.

Cheers M

View attachment 48048

View attachment 48049

View attachment 48050

View attachment 48051

corsair 005.jpg

corsair 008.jpg

corsair 011.jpg

corsair 009.jpg

First Name
Aaron
The primer shows a nice tidy build mate.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Always liked the Corsair, good looking and deadly all in one package.

The build is coming along nicely.

Tony.

First Name
Michael
Ok, got the white on the underside, I'm doing the scheme with two shades of blue with soft blurred edges where they fade into each other, I think I've got the right blues, my instructions are in Japanese but I found Tamiya paint references online so I went with that

Had a bit more filling on some seams after the primer went on, looks ok now I'll see what I can get done paint wise tonight.

Cheers MView attachment 44954

View attachment 48103

corsair 001.jpg