'Cut' flowers

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Yes they are.
Very pretty.I'd much rather have these than artificial "real"flowers.
What will you do with them?
Jon.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Those are excellent. Very striking. Were they made from kits or some sort of pattern.
Jim

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks chaps.

They're just coloured paper and pva. Excellent tutorial YouTube channel called Flower UPC.

What will I do with them? Like all paper models they'll kick around for a bit, the colours will fade and they'll end up in the bin - it's all about the build ;).

This one's been requested by a friend, so might last a little longer!

20220405_172836.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely Paul, paper flowers are common here especially in government establishments saving on watering. In certain marriages a dowry of bouquet of flowers made with paper money is often offered to the bride.
I wonder if you could put your skill in downsizing the scale to fit your figures...that would be cool.

Cheers,
Richard

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely Paul, paper flowers are common here especially in government establishments saving on watering. In certain marriages a dowry of bouquet of flowers made with paper money is often offered to the bride.
I wonder if you could put your skill in downsizing the scale to fit your figures...that would be cool.

Cheers,
Richard
Interesting stuff, Richard. Whenever I go to a wedding (and I go to a lot, as I'm part of a massive family) I always buy a buttonhole for myself. Next time, I'll definitely be making a paper one.
But downsizing these to 32mm? Impossible! The scissor work required to make these full-size blooms is fiddly enough already.