Cyberhobby 1/35 JS-2 Early type

V

virtue66

Good day to you Gentlemen.

I have been working on this one for a long time. With every new addition added to the log, this one get push further and further behind. It was a struggling effort to finish this as I cannot resist the call of the new additions but I pulled through and finished it finally.

I used Vallejo Model Air Russian Green for the base green. It is said that russian 4BO green required mixing to get it right but since I have already decided to put on winter white wash, using VMA Russian Green alone is fine with me.

The weathering is made with a mix of Tamiya Diorama texture paint, AK earth colour wash and a lot of plaster.

The white wash was chipped with simple and cheap hair spray. I didn't see any point in investing in chipping fluids from AK or AMMO.

The streakings were made with oil. I wasn't going to make them but while reading AFV modeller Issue 60-so meting ( forgot the exact issue), I saw a late IS-2 finished with streakings on a white wash finish so I thought I would replicate it as well. It looks kinda out of place but it kind of adds some variety to the finish.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/cyber-hobby-135-js-2-heavy-tank.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build as we always see from you Gary, lov it well done :D

D

dubster72

As a big fan of Russian armour, I like this alot Gary! The whitewash is just right & the subtle weathering is spot-on.

To use a variation on a theme, it's...

View attachment 83936

Tom+Daley+FAB+Lollies-1.png

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Typical! Gary's gone for the big weapon...again!!! o_O:p

Great job Gary, it looks brilliant

Lee :smiling3:

P

Polux

Very nice barrel!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I love the chipped winter camouflage on the tanks, and this one looks just right.

Fantastic model ;)