D-day 80th anniversary tribute build - 5th June -Sept 24.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Hello chaps,

On my previous thread regarding what I should build to commemorate the 80th anniversary of D-day some of you expressed an interest in taking part in a D-Day group build so here it is.

Allied subjects only as it’s a tribute build but any scale aircraft, AFV, vehicle, ship, figure even diorama if you’re feeling ambitious as long as it took part during D-day or the immediate aftermath.

Usual group build rules apply and I propose we start on the 5th June as per the airborne forces and run until end of September. That should give plenty of time especially if you’re taking part in other group builds.

Names below, hopefully we will get the required numbers.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Geoff 3 more and you got it

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I would love to but I'd be an embarrassment tbh .......
.... Oh no you wouldn't be Steve!!....
..... It's a hobby,we ALL do it for fun,and for enjoyment,nothing more, nothing less :thumb2:
.... If you don't dive in,and maybe pick up a few tips along the way, then what's the point?!!... I'm CERTAINLY no expert mate,but I do it because I love it,as long as I get satisfaction out of each build then I'm happy :nerd:,
.... and then of course,there's just the pure enjoyment that I get from the banter and information which is so prevelent on this site:cool:.
So c' mon buddy,dust off a kit and JUMP IN!!:tongue-out2:

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
.... Oh no you wouldn't be Steve!!....
..... It's a hobby,we ALL do it for fun,and for enjoyment,nothing more, nothing less :thumb2:
.... If you don't dive in,and maybe pick up a few tips along the way, then what's the point?!!... I'm CERTAINLY no expert mate,but I do it because I love it,as long as I get satisfaction out of each build then I'm happy :nerd:,
.... and then of course,there's just the pure enjoyment that I get from the banter and information which is so prevelent on this site:cool:.
So c' mon buddy,dust off a kit and JUMP IN!!:tongue-out2:
Well.. I've been looking at my stash and I'm not sure if I have a model that will fit. Looking at my list I do have a Stuka, Mustang and a Spitfire (but I'm not doing the Spit as it's the 1/24th one.)

I'm not sure what variants the Stuka and Mustang are, will check in the morning.

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
You can do the Mustang that would be great. The build is for the allies only so the Stuka would be out. I’m sure you would do a great job on it. It’s all in fun once you participate in your first Group Build you will be wanting to join more.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
I know how you feel as I felt exactly the same when I first returned to the hobby.

However I eventually plucked up the courage to join a couple of group builds on another forum and found that the help and encouragement from the other participants really helped with my confidence.

No pressure Steve if you don’t feel like you are ready to take part that’s fine but you have luckily stumbled on to one of, if not the friendliest forum going so you might as well join in and take advantage of all the help that will be offered.

Geoff.