d-day sand bunker.

S

sniperiain

only one pic. my camera is sh1t!

my american ranger in an abandoned german machine gun post.

figure is dragon. from a different box, not a ranger. my camera wouldnt pick out the detail of the insignia on his arm o i just took it from the front. i decided to put him posing in a machine gun post.

its only small something i threw up in like........2 days or so. the figure had already been painted but its nowt special.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice little vignette, sand, beach obstacle, figure - all well done. Nice one Ian:cool2:

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks pretty good to me Iain! What scale is it?

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nothing posted on this forum is 'Now't special' Ian.lol

This is very good, it goes to show these sort of things don't have to be complicated. Nice and simple does the trick, well done.

And a nice photo to send back to Ma in the U.S.!

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Like it a lot. At the risk of sounding slightly obsessive, what did you use for the sand?

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi iain , fantastic little vignette (whats that mean anyway!!? i thought it was something you put on a salad!!) It just goes to show that a simple piece can be really effective, and the placing of your ranger on the excellent dug out base transforms the figure ,brilliant result -i love it. Check out some of rons (spanner570)superb set pieces just containing a few figures,theyre just like this,simple yet stunningly effective. cheers tony

F

Fenlander

(whats that mean anyway!!? i thought it was something you put on a salad!!)
Tony, Tony, Tony... what we gona do with ya :laughing:

Very nice scene. As said before, it does not have to be a complex multi part diorama to be good. This one proves the point.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Tony, Tony, Tony... what we gona do with ya :laughing:Sorry graham, coats already on!!

S

sniperiain

cheers guys!

um first Q its 1/35 scale.

its real sand :D

i had some polystyrene, hollowed out the middle bit and got some PVA glue and basicly went to town! spreading it in every orific! then got LOTs! of sand and squashed it down. then, whilst wet, i pushed in the blockades and other bits and left it to dry. it then got a coat of humbrol matt 63. painted!

and thats it.