D7A Armoured Bulldozer, 1:35 scale

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Jakko,

That's turned out very nicely indeed. The figure finishes it off very nicely.

Well done.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Jakko. Love the wonky target marker on the front, it’s exactly right ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jakko
Very nice. Having a figure with it is good. I remember seeing a photo of bulldozers lined up on the beach on D-Day. The caption read "The unsung heroes of D-Day"
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, all :smiling3:

Love the wonky target marker on the front, it’s exactly right ;)
It should be, given that I traced it from a perspective- and armour-angle-corrected still from the film :smiling3: I keep wondering why it’s this poorly painted, though. It looks like they decided to add it when the vehicle was prepared for the landings and they had a pot of paint out anyway to add the 8LCT and E1 markings. None of the other bulldozers at Westkapelle appear to have had these, though.

Very nice. Having a figure with it is good.
These things are very difficult to estimate the size of, I think. I mean, I have a fairly good mental picture of how large tanks etc. are, but not so much with these. Last year I went and looked at a D6A that was being restored, and was surprised at how big it was — and then remember that the D6A is the smaller of the two used in this landing. The figure helps a lot with allowing people to picture the size, especially for the total layman I hope :smiling3:

I remember seeing a photo of bulldozers lined up on the beach on D-Day. The caption read "The unsung heroes of D-Day"
Probably not an overstatement, no. Even at the relatively small-scale operation at Westkapelle (“just” thirty tank landing craft and three infantry ones), it was planned to land ten armoured bulldozers, of which eight seem to have made it ashore. A few (possibly three) extra were brought in a few days later because there was a definite need for more.

Now scale that up to Normandy …

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Very nice finish Jakko, the figure sets it off nicely.:thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, though I think I could have painted him a little better. Maybe that’s because my figure-painting skills deteriorated over the last few years when I didn’t paint any at all …