Da Vinci Studio (Terry's Diorama GB)

P

Polux

Interesting idea Polux. Hopefully turns out awesome too. Goodluck mate! Also Id go wooden floor, just looks good. Theres a video on Andys Hobby Headquarters on how to make some lifelike wooden train carts with wooden floors that would be helpful.
Thanks for the info Bob! I will take a look later :rolleyes:

P

Polux

the other photo with that saucer shaped alien looking space craft object in the centre right (which was actually a prototype for a tank), there is a current injection moulded model of that readily available and in production.... If you want it, I can certainly tell you the details of it
That could be great!
Certainly I need to add one of his invention on the scene :smiling3:

P

Polux

Hi all!

Well....after some hours lol I obtained new more pictures. Is the same studio on different views.

bd562af2cd3570316507b7b3b9b0c879.png da_vinci_and_vanessa_wallpaper_by_deealov3-d77vbuo.png ee23bf10301ec4bf723b09ee9f1fd85a.jpg sr_177412_largeish.jpg original_Screen_Shot_2015-08-06_at_17.08.11.png vlcsnap-2013-04-20-12h52m08s120.png

P

Polux

I built this soil.....but I'm not especially happy with it, so I will try to build another :confused:

_DSC2646.JPG

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks like another really interesting dio Polux. This could be really wonferful and a slight break from the norm as it looks as most of this can be constructed from wood.

looking forward to future instalments.
cheers
P

P

Polux

You do know of course that Academy, Revell and Italeri (I suspect they may be the same kits boxed by both companies) all make a range of kits based on Da Vinci designs?

There are some shown here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Da+Vinci&_sacat=1188
Thank you Dave, it’s a useful link.

I want to build the studio itself, but obviously, I must add almost one of his projects and inventions. :p

After some deliverance I decided to build it at scale 1/32. I found a white metal Da Vinci figure too, but I prefer to leave the scene alone.

P

Polux

This could be really wonferful and a slight break from the norm as it looks as most of this can be constructed from wood.
P

Thank you very much Paul.
I was looking for a different project, and this one has all you need for building an interesting and personal challange.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
barry
Now this is something different, look foreward to watching this.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very interesting and unique, will be watching;)

P

Polux

Thanks John ;)

Really looks an interesting kit....maybe we should do a Da Vinci GB someday...:p :p :p

P

Polux

Yep!

Here is a picture of the “old” soil....
_DSC2662.JPG

This is my new attempt...
_DSC2664.JPG

Personally I prefer the second one, and I suppose once painted will look much better.
Any thoughts...?

P

Polux

My second doubt.

I’ve been working on this little house these last days, and I painted the walls as an ancient wood.
_DSC2667.JPG _DSC2672.JPG
My first plan was paint the entire studio’s soil on these colours.....but maybe it will look so “dark”?
Thought the wooden on their century was principally shady, not?

First Name
colin
Hi Pollux I agree the 2nd version looks better. Are you going to use paint or stain?
I think a thinned down water based stain might get the finish you want
HTH

P

Polux

Actually, I’m using inks to paint the wooden Colin. I love the results by the moment.

The pity is that there is no many stuff and colours to choice :oops:

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think that would be ok for the floorboards, a dusting of dry pigments and it should be perfect;)