Daleks in Manhattan dio

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers peter I'm pleased you like it , I really enjoyed this so I might keep my eye on eBay for a classic dalek I can just choose which ever paint design I want :smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Its probly because iam a dalek nutter any idea what make of kit you are after as the only ones i know of are1/8 scale by comet and a vacum formed 1/5 one by a company called sevens but are mega hard to find as they arn't made any more,i do have one of them and i shall be doing a complete strip down rebuild soon.

Peter t

B

Bunkerbarge

What a great model. I have seen this one and wondered if I could ever get around to doing it but haven't taken the plunge yet. You've done a lovely job on the different textures between the soft fleshy interior and the metallic outside surfaces. No wonder your lad likes it. Are you going to get him to build his own as well?

W

Willi262

The daleks are what life might look like if the squid (or other octopi) achieved dominance...

That is one thing that I do like about DW is that they aren't afraid to posit intelligent life forms as something other than the basic, boring humanoid.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Its probly because iam a dalek nutter any idea what make of kit you are after as the only ones i know of are1/8 scale by comet and a vacum formed 1/5 one by a company called sevens but are mega hard to find as they arn't made any more,i do have one of them and i shall be doing a complete strip down rebuild soon.Peter t
The one I was bidding on on eBay was the comet miniature one and 1/8 scale would be ideal to put on a dio :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
What a great model. I have seen this one and wondered if I could ever get around to doing it but haven't taken the plunge yet. You've done a lovely job on the different textures between the soft fleshy interior and the metallic outside surfaces. No wonder your lad likes it. Are you going to get him to build his own as well?
Cheers Richard I appreciate that , it's a great kit and goes together well , some of the parts snap together so it would be easy to build as for my son he has cereal pawlsy so his motor functions aren't what they should be , but we are building a 1/72 spit together , he's doing the painting and sticking the big pieces together and I'm doing the fiddly bits and tidying up :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The daleks are what life might look like if the squid (or other octopi) achieved dominance...That is one thing that I do like about DW is that they aren't afraid to posit intelligent life forms as something other than the basic, boring humanoid.
Yeah Steve I agree it's just a shame it's got terrible story lines

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Outstanding work, great detailing love it mate.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Now I know "what" there is inside this strange "appliance" ;)

Nice!! I like the paint work here, Alan :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers polux mate I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build Alan just lov it ,always liked the dalek,and how outstanding is that mutant one :cool:, well painted too

so nice that you do some with your son as well never to young to start

N

noble

This is excellent work, and I have to say I love the dalek kits not usually the run of the mill thing but I like it.

Scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks I appreciate the comments and I'm glad you like it

My son loved it and has taken photos of it to show his mates at school so putting a smile on his face puts one on mine :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Alan! Love the Daleks and the setting. Your son is right to be chuffed.

First Name
Dave
Just seen this and it looks great.I loved Dr Who when I was younger.Tom Baker,the fourth doctor was my favourite.Quite a character.He left school and became a novice monk for 6 years.Then he left the monastery and joined the Merchant Navy!.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

Dave did you know that tom baker was working as a labourer on a building site when he was offered the part of dr who and he has never seen any episodes of the show