Dale's Knight Rider KITT! 1/24 Aoshima

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Late to the party on this one (laid low with flu), but's here the intro and obligatory sprue shots. It will likely be another week before I can start in earnest too due to work.

This was a hugely popular TV show in the eighties, starring David Hassellhoff "The Hoff" in one of his early roles, and the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT), an AI powered nearly indestructable super car. Many a Saturday morning loving this show as a boy.
This is the plot, copied straight form Wikipedia:
"Self-made billionaire Wilton Knight rescues police Detective Lieutenant Michael Arthur Long after a near fatal shot to the face, giving him a new identity (by plastic surgery) and a new name: Michael Knight. Wilton selects Michael to be the primary field agent in the pilot program of his public justice organization, the Foundation for Law and Government (FLAG). The other half of this pilot program is the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT), a heavily modified, technologically advanced Pontiac Firebird Trans Am with numerous features, including an extremely durable shell and frame, controlled by a computer with artificial intelligence. Michael and KITT are brought in during situations where "direct action might provide the only feasible solution". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_Rider_(1982_TV_series)

The box held a lot more sprues than I imagined, with some chrome and clear parts, along with the decal sheet and rubber wheels. Not the best instruction sheet I've seen (used to Tamiya), but this should be fun.
The DVD box shows what the car will look like when completed (I hope!). All are welcome to come along for the ride (although it may get crowded in the back!)

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_191752637.jpg
    IMG_20230302_191752637.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Knight_Rider_season_1_DVD.png
    Knight_Rider_season_1_DVD.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 7

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I remember this series a buddy of mine love this TV series I only watched it to look for the GMC General Truck that Hauled “Kit” around sometimes. I’m in.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Nice :smiling3: I remember playing outside with a friend some evening in the early 80s, and us realising “that new show Knight Rider is about to start” so we went home to watch it. I always thought the later seasons, when KITT has all kinds of extra stuff added, weren’t as good, though.

Will yours have the Cylon eye* on the front? :smiling3:

* The show’s creator also came up with the original Battlestar Galactica some years earlier. For Knight Rider, he decided to stick the Cylons’ moving red eye-light-thingie onto the front of the car as well.

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Nice :smiling3: I remember playing outside with a friend some evening in the early 80s, and us realising “that new show Knight Rider is about to start” so we went home to watch it. I always thought the later seasons, when KITT has all kinds of extra stuff added, weren’t as good, though.

Will yours have the Cylon eye* on the front? :smiling3:

* The show’s creator also came up with the original Battlestar Galactica some years earlier. For Knight Rider, he decided to stick the Cylons’ moving red eye-light-thingie onto the front of the car as well.
No cylon eye planned at the moment, due to silly prices.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I looked at those, but they're silly prices, so not just now, no.
I did see just how crazy those prices have become, pity I don't know enough about using micro LED'S and the electrical set up to help you build your own version..