DAUNTLESS SBD

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build Terry, like the lighter paint work on it,o_O

i dont see any think wrong with it well done

if you do think its a bit off a problem ,just add a little more smoke back onto the outset, so you dont see the little gap

hope you dont mind me saying so,:rolleyes:

0ne48thtel

Thanks Monica and no I don't mind you saying all comments are welcome.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The Dauntless is one of the most underrated aircraft of the Second World War. Yet it caused so much damage to Japanese fleets in the early part of the war. Your SBD looks great Terry. Nicely faded paint work. Regarding the exhaust staining, yes I think it's a bit 'blobby', but if you were to streak some more over the top I think this would appear underneath as oil staining. Give it a go if you want, I think it will make a big difference to an otherwise nicely finished model.

T

treyzx10r

Terry you did a great job with that old kit. I use dry pastels for exhaust stains and then dullcote over it after I've manipulated it to my liking. The nice thing about dry pastels is that you can wipe it off and start over if you do'nt like the results. Also you can rub a little soft wax over the thread to get rid of that fuzzy look. cheers Trey

Nice build. Like the dive brakes very much. And, from the close up photo, the instrument panel is pretty neat. The pilots is another ++ .... Two thumbs up.

0ne48thtel

Thanks Guys.

Trey I have used pastel before on a phantom I built and I agree it is a good way of doing it.

Wong I had to dill all the holes out for the brakes as Revell don.t mould them out. It is still a great little kit though.

B

BigZimmo

Hi Terry!!

For this old kit you have built a beautiful model, well done!! From time to time I also like to build an Oldtimer-Kit.

I also use pastels for the exhaust traces. The handling is very simple but you achieve a good result.

:smiling3:

R

Ray Scheller

Beautiful build. I like the subtle weathering you've used. All in all a top rated build. The only issue I see is the antenna wire. You've chosen to use one that is all fuzzy and fragmented. If you were to change this out with a monofilament type thread (black) or stretched sprue this would take care of it. Small issue easy fix. If I'm out of line here I'm sorry.

Ray

L

Laurie

Hi Terry. Very nicely put together work. Very nice paint job just looks right.

Think the antenna wire has been exaggerated by the camera angle a little. I use an elastic knitting thread. Easy to use and cheap. Nice stretch and keeps it there.

I have got to like more and more the USA early aircraft of WW2. That chunky look mostly given by the radial engines.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job Terry. I'm another fan of pastels, really easy to work with.

First Name
Dave
I missed this when you first posted it.Looks very good.From the raised detail it looks like the old Monogram kit reboxed by Revell.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Terry, that is a solid build, and as others have noticed, the dive brakes are very nice.

John