Dave Ward's 1/35 Light Tank Mk. VIB BEF Completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Now, assembly is complete, detail painted.....................331961331962331963331964

That's in the pristine state - I'm now going to do a few washes, then an overall dusty varnish, concentrating on the running gear, lower hull - fading out towards the top of the tank. I'll then sit back and see if anything needs looking at
Dave

R

Ranwulf

Turned out great. I do not think I could have done the suspension:confounded:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dave,
That is a very nice result. Looking forward to the washes.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks very nice indeed, and I will look forward to the next set of pictures.

B

Brad9826

What a transformation a lick of paint can do Dave, cracking result on a difficult little kit.:thumb2::thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
At last, it's totally finished!332097332098332099332100332101

And, for a comparison with the HobbyBoss Vickers Medium Mk.I332102

This has been a challenging build, purely because of the suspension - the tracks, although tiny fitted well ( eventually ).
The Vulcan VIB is not a model for the beginner - the fit is good ( no filler used ), but, the intricacies of the springs & rods on the bogies, tests your patience and dexterity. There is a fret of PE, some of which, I used, others I left as being pointless ( headlight boxes ), or too small for my fat fingers - but I don't think it's apparent where they are missing!
Vulcan have disappeared, but you do see their models for sale occasionally, there are other boxings of this model, a Caunter camouflage VIB, and a Malta camo VIC.
Thanks for dropping by - I'll be continuing my Revell Beaufighter build, and will be picking up my stalled build of the HobbyBoss M4 High Speed Tractor.
Dave