De Havilland Mosquito Airfix 1/24

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Si superb paint job, great engine detail. My only question is have you got a big enough shelf to put it on?

Vaughan

T

tecdes

Very nice Simon. Like that especially as you have left it open to see all those bits pieces & detail.

Really like the detail around the landing gear. Tried that on a 1/48 & failed miserably.

Needs a big shelf Simon ?

Great model.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice, I like the Mosquito loads.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a real cracker Simon! Did you have any problems with the build? I only ask 'cos I've got one on my 'to do' list an' it's always nice to find out if there's anything to watch out for.

Gern

First Name
Chris
And happy you should be Si, that there's a beauty! Oh for the space to build such a beast!

Regards

Chris

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi simon , what a fantastic looking mossie! Its great to see it in the night fighter scheme ,i think it really suits it. The paintwork is perfect , not an easy job on an all black scheme . Congrats on a monster build , 5 stars from me , cheers tony

P

ping-pong

Thank you everyone for the kind words i didn't expect a 5 star. it was a major build and took a lot of painting. i would love to do it again and do certain things better. i would recommend buying the die-cast under carriage because the one that is with the model isn't to strong and the completed model weighs a quite a bit. thanks again.

cheers

Si

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Simon. It does look good in Night paint.

Ian M.

ps like the table top

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A beautiful Mosquito Simon. A crackimg 5 star build.

Tony.

P

ping-pong

Thanks again to everyone. Already have another Mossie put aside at modelzone. going to ask if the mossie museum wants the black one and ill do another (joined last week). Want to do the one that is at duxford. i think it was used as a target towing plane. i love the colouring and i think it would make an interesting difference from ones that are already around. does anyone know if there is a reconnaissance nose for the 1/24 mossie on the market.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Si