Decals for F-4F Phantom

Z

zak illingworth

Hi all, I recently bought a Revell 1:32 F-4F Phantom II WTD 61. I dont fancy the black paint job or decal set. Where is the best place to get alternative decal sheets ? I have had a look and most sites are American. Are there any British site who deal in these ? Cheers Zak

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi all, I recently bought a Revell 1:32 F-4F Phantom II WTD 61. I dont fancy the black paint job or decal set. Where is the best place to get alternative decal sheets ? I have had a look and most sites are American. Are there any British site who deal in these ? Cheers Zak
Have you tried Hannants ?

First Name
Adrian
There is very little black to paint, the majority of the colour is Orange, though if you do decide to go with that scheme forget the instructions on how wide the black is, its almost double the depth. I know as I wasted a set of decals following those instructions :smiling3:

Ian is spot on Hannants have loads of decals in for the 1:32 Phantoms.

001.JPG

Here's one I did earlier :smiling3:

Adrian

Z

zak illingworth

That is gorgeous Ade. But I've bottled it lol, went to Hannants and ordered new decals ,I had never heard of them before . Thanks to you and Papa for pointing me in their direction.

Z

zak illingworth

AIRM3211.JPG

I have ordered these decals. Going to have a bash at the third one down with the German colours down its flanks

Z

zak illingworth

Hand painted by my un trained hand lol. Not ventured into airbrushing yet

First Name
Adrian
oh, well good luck, my only advice would be thin coats to build up the colour and not leave any brush strokes :smiling3:

Adrian