decals

A

adzam

i`m looking for some self adhesive , or slide on type of lettering for two model boats, i should of got some made when i was at ellesmere, but with all teh rush and excitement, i forgot !! :terrific:

so can anyone recomend somewhere i can order some ?

thanx guys

Adz..

G

George

Hi Guys,

A warning about HR Products in the USA. I recently bought a set of Whire metal fittings for my four stacker to a scale of 1/72nd. Received them yesterday and after looking at them decided that if they are used as they are they will make excellent ballast. The quality is complete rubbish with flash, spru,to get anywhere with them it will require hours of work to sort them out. I have contacted the company and the answer is if they are not up to your standard return them for a refund of the cost of the fittings, note cost no mention of VAT or return postage. Be warned anyone thinking of getting HR PRODUCTS fittings. DON'T. I will never complain about Deans fittings again

U

Uncivil Serpent

Careful George, it'll be hero worship next :respect2:

Seriously though, if they are that bad, then a careful mention in the QD might be worthwhile, but as I said, be careful with what you say and how you say it. :blow:

Chris

B

badersbus

Hi all , took the advice of a post further up this thread , and contacted mike at www.decals4models.co.uk for some self adhesive decals for a Stancraft Torpedo i am building.

I can't praise Mike enough for his excellent service . He replied to my email the next day , with a 4 variations on what i wanted , all excellent designs. When i picked the design i wanted , he manufactured them and posted them to my home address , with the words " if you like them post me a cheque for a fiver". :great:

The decals are excellent quality , a cheque is on the way

Any one in the market for decals , this is guy to go to :respect2:

M

moonraker

hi adzam why not make your own decals with lazertran water slide paper print direct onto it or scan any image you like cuts out the middle man saves pounds phone no / 01545-571149 or e-mail mic@lazertran.com /www.lazertran.com all the best moonraker real name mark

i`m looking for some self adhesive , or slide on type of lettering for two model boats, i should of got some made when i was at ellesmere, but with all teh rush and excitement, i forgot !! :terrific: so can anyone recomend somewhere i can order some ?

thanx guys

Adz..

A

adzam

thanx for that mate, i`m just having a look at the site now :thumbs-up

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Another supplier for computer made decal waterslide paper is www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk or tel 01434 689582. I got mine next day after a phone call. Lots of ideas on their website.
*** There are some unusual materials on there Duncan,thanks for this one it could be useful,and good to know about the excellent speedy service.

G

George

Careful George, it'll be hero worship next :respect2: Seriously though, if they are that bad, then a careful mention in the QD might be worthwhile, but as I said, be careful with what you say and how you say it. :blow:

Chris
Chris,

I have already told HR products direct what I thought of their products and also the fact that I was going to warn all modellers that I know of the standard of their products in 1/72nd scale. :samurai: :samurai:

B

Bluewavestudios

Another one for you is:

www.thedecalpaperstore.com supplies paper ready to print your own decals on your pc and the slide off after, full instructions on the site and provided with the paper too.

Prompt delivery too as they are based in the UK in Stoke On trent.

Regards........Mark