desert dio (whats he saying)

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well about done just one question for you should i leave the half tank on or take it out please give advice...?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi, John, first off, what a cracking mini dio, yet it says loads, really nice.

The half tank? To my mind it's gotta go. My eyes keep wandering over to it, I think it detracts from the main subject..... the conversation.

Then move the main tank to the centre.

Just my observations on an excellent model.

Well done,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CDW

Well to some art scholars, i suppose it would add some uniqueness and individual artistic flair to the piece as it's unusual.

Constructive critisism from myself would be to take it off as it doesn't hold the same 3D effect and snappy quality as the rest of the setting.

Maybe if you could "border" behind the half-tank and the rock wall type thing ....it would sort of finish it off ?????

And i think the Arabs saying "i'll swap my donkey for your tank ... it'll get you further in this desert"

First Name
Aaron
John i love this, im a fan of "early" panzers. Great weathering good work with the chipping.

The donkey looks great too, i have looked at this figure kit for a dak panzer 3 ausf g. I think you did it justice

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
John, just thought of a caption for your excellent model........

"Come closer friend, and I will hit the mosquito that is biting your neck with my big stick!"

My coat is on and I'm on my way...

Ron

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi John first of all a very nice diorama indeed, and is he syaing " have you seen a pregnant lady with the name of Mary anywhere? "

D

dubster72

Great dio John! Though I knew you wouldn't let us down having watched the P2 take shape.

I'd take it out, the tank should be the focal point with their interaction with the Bedouin.

As for what's being said, the Germans are asking for directions & the Arab chap is saying " you're an ass if you go that way!

Patrick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
First what a lovely job you've made of that.

Second,I'm with all above,take the half tank out,it distracts and leads the eye away from what is already a good and interesting composition with the other tank and the fella on the donkey.

That's just my honest opinion, and I'm no dioramist :smiling3: .I think your half tank is a clever idea which,for me anyway,doesn't quite work in this composition.

Cheers

Steve

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
thanks lads for all the kind words and advice steve'patrick'colin'ron the half a tank has gone you have a in all you comments said what ive been thinking....cheers lads

and to mobear'ian .arron thank you for your kind words as well its what makes this hobby worth it when you've got the backing of some top lads on here

thanks again all concerned for youre views :kiss:

S

sprayman

A magnificent dio mate, a treat to the eye, and it creates a story in your mind, great work all round on this build....:cool:

A

andygh

Great dio and a perfect composition without the half-a-tank, as the others have said

P

Polux

Hi john, great diorama, I love it!! The tank is fantastic!!

If you allow me I also prefer without tank.

I have an idea (it's only a comment) in my first diorama (pink panther Land Rover in desert) I put pigments on the sand and it could only to my deal very well. Very nice tonalities stay.

Regards

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic dio john ! Excellent work and composition. I know im a bit late and youve already taken the half tank out but i would have said the same, it looks better with the tank in the middle . cheers tony

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
A magnificent dio mate, a treat to the eye, and it creates a story in your mind, great work all round on this build....:cool:
cheers ray thanks for the kind words..

john

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
Great dio and a perfect composition without the half-a-tank, as the others have said
and i think im happy now the chop job is out

thanks

john

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
Hi john, great diorama, I love it!! The tank is fantastic!! If you allow me I also prefer without tank.

I have an idea (it's only a comment) in my first diorama (pink panther Land Rover in desert) I put pigments on the sand and it could only to my deal very well. Very nice tonalities stay.

Regards

Polux
cheers polux and i will remember the pigments for next time thanks for looking in buddy

john

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
Fantastic dio john ! Excellent work and composition. I know im a bit late and youve already taken the half tank out but i would have said the same, it looks better with the tank in the middle . cheers tony
hello tony to popular demand the tank has gone and i agree with you lads its for the best rest in pieces chop job

and thanks for looking in mar mate

john

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a very nice Simple uncomplicated scene, I agree about loosing the half tank. If you still have it and didn't bin it a good use for the half tank would be an accent in a simple base with a couple of figures.

Nice work never the less. As to the conversation?

tanker 1: You sell us your water?

Nomad: What! You want to buy my daughter?!?!

Tanker 2: What he say?

Ian M