Destroy them! Kill! Kill, kill, kill them all!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Sand the front bridge of the helmet away and then use a small nail to dimple the outside, once painted it will show as highlights.

Nice, very nice.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I would do as Si,has said the only why to do it,and just sand down the tail part as well to a cone, ;)

looking good so far ,once you give them a brown wash to show off the detail,real like there shields,

are they decals, ?

nice work with the steps,look great, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
"Jason and the Argonauts" a true classic! My favorite scene was the one with the old blind man and his winged tormentors. The skeleton battle? EPIC! To heck with CGI those were the days:rolleyes:

First Name
Robert
\ said:
"Jason and the Argonauts" a true classic! My favorite scene was the one with the old blind man and his winged tormentors. The skeleton battle? EPIC! To heck with CGI those were the days:rolleyes:
Would love someone with skill to build the scene with the giant ( Talos ) and the bit on the beach when Jason unscrews his ankle ( any takers??

Sorry I'm just not that good but brilliant what you gone and done with the skeletons and the steps

Love it

Robert

zuludog

SMF Supporter
GERN

Milliput is a durable modelling putty designed to be carved, drilled, filed, and so on

Squadron Green is a knifing stopper intended to fill small cracks and scratches as a final finish. It is not meant to be used for serious sculpting or carving

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
totally agree Jim,what ever happened to the good stuff,the same as CGI,werewolfs,one of the last one was an American werewolf in London,:rolleyes: :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK. I gave the skeletons a brown wash as I mentioned. I may have overdone it, but I'll see what they look like when in place.

View attachment 121860

As for King Aeetes, this is what I got after a bit of sanding, a touch of Squadron green, some plasticard strip, some thick cotton and a round bit from my spares box (no idea what it is/was!) this is what I ended up with:

View attachment 121857

A bit of paint and:

View attachment 121858

View attachment 121859

A wash now to highlight the facial features and I think that will do. Not perfect I know, but it's as good as my talents will allow and in this small scale I don't think it will look too bad.

Zuludog and Barry: I take your point about the difference between Milliput and Squadron Green. As I only needed an eyeful, I used Squadron Green just because it was quicker.

Moni: Yes. They are decals from Veni Vidi Vici (3vwargames.co.uk)

DSC02330.JPG

DSC02332.JPG

DSC02333.JPG

Skeleton wash.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I meant to add a PS but forgot!

Thanks to the guys for helping with a camera. I looked at various ones on ebay (I said I needed cheap, but I couldn't find the one you recommended Patrick) and, following advice from Ron, I got a little Sony Cyber-shot. Some help with the settings - again from Ron - and now I can get the close-ups I wanted.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
OK. I gave the skeletons a brown wash as I mentioned. I may have overdone it, but I'll see what they look like when in place.
View attachment 133675

As for King Aeetes, this is what I got after a bit of sanding, a touch of Squadron green, some plasticard strip, some thick cotton and a round bit from my spares box (no idea what it is/was!) this is what I ended up with:

View attachment 133672

A bit of paint and:

View attachment 133673

View attachment 133674

A wash now to highlight the facial features and I think that will do. Not perfect I know, but it's as good as my talents will allow and in this small scale I don't think it will look too bad.

Zuludog and Barry: I take your point about the difference between Milliput and Squadron Green. As I only needed an eyeful, I used Squadron Green just because it was quicker.

Moni: Yes. They are decals from Veni Vidi Vici (3vwargames.co.uk)
A friend of my who go into Nic,he is doing some think like 200 Spartans,and been painting each shield,:confused::rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work so far reworking King Aeetees,is looking good, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Gern,coming along very nicely, ;)

cannot wait to see some color on it,and bits of weeds and rubble,will look even better, :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK. Finally got the base done, but I think a coat of matt varnish will be needed to cover up some odd spots where the PVA has run.

IMGP1868.JPG

IMGP1869.JPG

.... and a shot for scale with a couple of figures and universal scale measure.

IMGP1871.JPG

Looking at these pics, I think I'll have to add some sort of wash or something to add a little colour variation to the bare ground.

N

noble

This is looking really good dave, this is one of my most favourite movies of all time.

scott

D

Deleted member 4539

I like that you are doing this.

Great work so far. :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice progress on this one Dave, ;)