Diorama, Academy Hetzer.

First Name
Aaron
Built from the box. My first time at doing a ambush camo and it came out with raised edges =(

The red circle shows a "future" blunder, covered by the model of course.

Im terrible at painting faces but meh i cant get any worse.

Thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to post any hints or tips on anything that can be improved for other projects.

Cheers.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Aaron i wish i was as bad as you when painting faces they look very good to me and i really like this tank buster great little diorama 5 stars from me

First Name
Aaron
Thanks for the 5 stars Ian!. Appreciate the comment mate.

P

Polux

Looks very nice, and the figures are more than correct!!! Very well painted mate.

Five stars from me too!

Polux

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Aaron, brilliant work mate. Nicely done on the diorama , the vehicle and the crew. I reckon the figures look great, nothing wrong with their faces from where I sit.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I don't think the mark is a blunder, after all, who knows what made it? It could be a stain from a vehicle or a just staining from the debris. A few paint effects would mask it, of course it is hidden via the model so doesn't matter.

Top build, I like the camo and think it works well, figures are top notch, I am really bad at painting figures...got some 1/35 German figures to paint and I keep putting it off lol.

5 STAR Aaron from me.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Thank you so much Joe.The faces bug me because i cant get the eyes to look right, when i paint eyes the figure looks like hes been kicked in the bollocks.Thanks again for the kind words mate.

First Name
Aaron
Cheers for the stars Eddie! I have stalled builds because of the figures too. If the "spill" was visable id proberly cover it with pigments.Pigments are my coveralls.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top notch work Aaron and very well painted.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the stain, much less cover it up....

I do like lots of rubble and yours is really well done. The way you have done it all bulldozered up is very effective.

So let's just say the stain is from a can of something that was smashed during the clear up.....or a vehicle had been standing there for some time!.......See, sorted!!lol

If you're that worried about it, just add some lines of oil streaks coming away from the 'puddle' and perhaps a few more smaller stains here and there.....just make a bit of a feature of it, don't hide it.....The road wouldn't be squeaky clean anyway.

Here endeth the lesson!

Big 5 from me...

Ron

C

CDW

Tank..... good

Figures....good (I think most people have problems with eyes, mine normally look like they've just trapped something delicate in their trouser zip)

Rubble...good

Stain...looks like an oil leak to me, I'd add to it a bit like Ron says.

Five stars from me mate

First Name
Aaron
Words of wisdom heeded and thank you very much for the stars Ron.Ive seen pics of rubble in Berlin piled two people high.Ive even heard the allies paid german civillians in food to clean it up.Thanks for looking and commenting.

First Name
Aaron
Thanks loads Colin.No matter where or how i paint pupils they look either crosseyed or bulging.Appreciate the stars.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb work buddy on all counts the figures are quality mate

N

noble

Hi Aaron nice little dio, the hetzer looks good and the figures are very good. Top notch mate well done keep them coming.

Scott

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Great little dio Aaron, everything works great together, and you've got the figures done very well.

The greatest critics on here are ourselves.

Tony.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice dio , love the figures the texture on the faces are realy realistic I'd be proud if mine looked as good as that 5* from me as well

First Name
Aaron
Thank you Tony Scott and Alan. Cheers for taking the time to comment.I appreciate the feedback.There is awesome work being done on scale models by you all and i value input by this community.. Cheers.

First Name
Jason
Great dio Aaron. The camo is really smart, a realistic amount of rubble and

I think that the faces are well painted.

I've read and watched a few articles and tutorials on figure painting recently and one school of thought seems to be to suggest the presence of eyes rather than try to perfectly detail them especially in 48 and 35th scale. I've got some cross eyed Warhammer figures staring at me (I think) from the shelf, so I'll be trying this approach next time.

Anyway first class build my friend!

Jason