Diorama help

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A couple of weeks ago I put up a post about nostalgia, well the plane I mentioned in it hasn't quite gone according to plan, so I have decided to "crash" it. I have never done a dio before but I have got one sorted in my head (don't know how it will turn out in reality). What I need to know is it possible to get a WW1 fire engine in 1/72 scale? If not I have got plan "B" to fall back on.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You might want to try some of the model railway after market companies, Langley Models do white metal kits that might suit your needs.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you. Never thought about that.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi I think oo gauge is 1/87 or 82 scale I'm sure others on here could confirm that you can get a lot of 1/72 in die cast. Of course if you put it in the background the scale may work.

Last edited:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi I think oo gauge is 1/87 or 82 scale I'm sure others on here could confirm that you can get a lot of 1/72 in die cast. Of course if you put it in the background the scale may work.

1/87 is HO gauge, while OO gauge is 1/76. But the difference can be barely noticeable sometimes, I use HO figures on my OO layout and rolling stock.

Oxford die cast do some great 1/76 fire engines but not pre-1930's.