dioramas and water effects

A

adamzamchick

hi guys, this is a two part questions. I know there has been thread on water before but i'm finding it hard wading through all the old stuff, so i thought i would ask again.

Firstly, which product is the best to use for water effects in dioramas? the exact effect i want to get is of a river flowing through grassland and another one with muddy water in sheel holes. are the vallejo products good and if so which one? or what else should i be using? i'm looking for something easy to use, not expensive and that gives me a good effect.

Second part is: this will be my first ever diorama. Saw a lot of you guys doing them and they look like great fun. I'd like to know what to use for the base and the basic priniciples. What do i use to make the terrain?

Thanks adam

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Check out the vids on youtube. it's a wealth of info on there. Also if you are going to be doing a few dioramas then get hold of How to build Dioramas by Sheperd Paine. Excellent book

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi adam , you can also check out rons threads (spanner 570) hes done some excellent dios with water in them ,he might have done a tutorial too if i recall correctly ,cheers tony