Disaster

Ed Sunder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ed
Woke up this morning to a leak in our refrigerator flooding the kitchen, living room, breakfast room and (this is the disaster part) raining down through the ceiling into my basement shop and onto many of my models. Boxes are destroyed, decals gone etc. Plastic is fine, but argh. It's about $1000 - $1500 worth of model kits. Some it's just the box - Moebius 1:144 2001 Discovery - so that's fine. But some it was more - Zoukei Mura Ho229, including a book and custom decals.... And my mini lathe is covered in rust now.

What a day. We've got insurance so we'll be fine, but man - what a disaster.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Oh no! so sorry to hear that Ed, good that you have insurance though.
All the best mate
Garry

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Aagh, that's a shame Ed. I'm a bit puzzled though - was your refrigerator connected to mains water?
Pete

Edit: of course you're in the US so I expect it has an ice/iced water dispenser. Not common over here.

Gary G

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Nightmare. It will take some time to sort out, but could have been worse. All the best Ed.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Bummer! That's not a good way to start the day.
Here in Denmark building regs state that any wet rooms. (rooms with any form of water use, Kitchen, bathroom mud/utility room etc) must have water tight floors and areas around sinks toilets etc, Also a floor drain. Now we know why.