Dog Tag 1/16 US Pilot Pacific Theatre

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks chaps. Been knocking up a map case as I feel the live-vest looks a bit boring on its own - may not work.

Sorry to hear all of that work went pear-shaped Richard. It's all experience though.

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love it Peter, has your hall mark .:thumb2:
John.

Last edited:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Afternoon Peter

Lovely work on the overalls and creasing.

The red flying helmet added a crisp contrast to the figure

Well done Peter.

Just caught Mr. Race's latest update, I think he might be off his meds, again!

Hope the metal arms weren't too much of a challenge

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve - Thanks for looking this one up.

Mr Race has had a bit too much sugar - Mr Jones keeps feeding him biscuits to keep him quiet.

This has been an interesting one. The metal parts weren't up to the standard of the rest of the kit and proved difficult to attach to the resin. I've now finished him however:

100_4171.JPG100_4173.JPG100_4170.JPG100_4172.JPG

The only real trouble I had was with the watch on the left wrist, which was poorly done and which I ended up removing. I did attempt to make another, but it really wasn't up to standard. I also added a lanyard for the pistol, made from glue-soaked cotton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Wonderful. I particularly like the colouring on this. As I have just posted on Jason's current thread I think you figure painters do it with the help of witchcraft :tongue-out3: I know it is really years of patience honing your skills but there's magic there somewhere.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thank you. I enjoyed working with the lighter palette. It's the first time I've used Vallejo Stone Grey to any extent and it's a nice pigment. Certainly no magic involved, but perhaps a bit of Zen - ommmmm!

Jason - A bit of mutual appreciation is OK. We figure painters are few and far between, so we have to stick together. Many thanks.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Another Gem mate.I never got on painting over whitemetal.Always ended up with a dull grim finish.Still got a few metal figures in my stash.Nice to see a few more figure guys on here now.Hope the gang are behaving themselves or be cessation of rations hehe.
Rich.

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Richard.

Jon Heptonstall once described metal figures as looking as though they were made from scrunched-up silver paper, and I agree. Horrible stuff. Back to a plastic 1/16 next.

Yes, the outlook for figures on the site is looking livelier.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking very well Peter but how can you concentrate with this rowdy crowd Steve your wig is tickling my nose.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Lee.

Well, the other domestic noises I have to put up with tend to drown out the rabble - washing machine, food mixer, son's guitar etc.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A real stunner Peter and something a bit different from the norm. However I am a little intrigued with the facial tones. They are a lot softer than your usual outlines around the eyes especially. Have you done something different or is it the larger size that make the facial lines and tones softer??

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve.

I'm not aware that I've done anything different with the face other than to add more red. As my camera makes reds bloom somewhat, that may explain the softness you see.