dora railgun build

First Name
barry
Hi

Need help i am just about finishing spraying my 1 72 scale dora but dont know what colours to paint the walkways as they seem to get a lot of use when gun was in action, have tried a metal colour but dont look right, havent built many military models so not used to painting wear on them.

thanks bazer.

N

noble

I think Dora was Germany grey, if it were me painting her I would lighten the main colour with a little white and air brush it or dry brush it on to the centre of the walk ways. Then using the main colour with a tiny amount of black in use a detail brush and carefully chip the walkways with the darker colour. I have this kit in 1/35 scale and can't wait to build her. Can't wait to see the pics.

scott

First Name
barry
Thanks Scott

I have shaded the dark grey with a lighter shade , will try what you suggest.

after building this in 1/72 i know you are going to have a ball with the 1/35 monster!!!.

Will post pics when mine is finished .

N

noble

Cheers Barry iam looking forward to see just how good it will look and how big it is.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Cheers Barry iam looking forward to see just how good it will look and how big it is.scott
Me too! I saw one at one of the model shows and it looked pretty impressive except for a bad case of 'display rash'. Can you let us know how it builds? I'm thinking of getting one but at around £90 I need to know it's worth that much.

Gern

First Name
barry
The kit is great ,fit is amazing no flash apart from one small problem there are two premade boxes that join the main twin sides together,as they are premade you cant go wrong that is until you fit the four sets of arms to the inside and i found a gap betwen each arm unit ,no big deal really just fill in with plastic card .

it is expensive but in terms of enjoyment per pound worth every penny,but it is a long term build i have been at mine for six weeks now that is working on it about nine hours a day(retired) and still got a lot to do,but it is looking good and its big.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Barry. All I got to do now is find the pennies .....

Gern