downed spit

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Monica.

Here's one of the figures from my D-day build. It's a falling soldier which is given a small dune to fall against in the kit - there just to keep it upright.

Using a bit of wire as described, you can show figures in poses which look quite realistic.

View attachment 76026

View attachment 76027

View attachment 76028

This is how he's supposed to look:

View attachment 76029

Gern

PS I hope you don't think I'm criticising your work! As I said, I'd be pleased to have done something as good as that!

Falling1.JPG

Falling2.JPG

Falling3.JPG

PEG7351Group6[1].jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job. Great idea using natural light, it works really well.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Gern, yes your right and its a good suggestion, was hoping the placement looked ok 1st ? so i seam to have done ok on that,

as well scared to touch them , as their airfix and mitey hard

to get the paint to stay on them,socked in bleach to try to pit the surface to take the undercoat, used hairspray

and then painted them,so i will hold them by the foot and cut off the bases then stick them down and never touch them again :rolleyes: :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oops my pc just rebooted and could not finsh ,you are not criticising at all , always glad for help and advice,

appreciate it,

that little hand tool, is a pin vice ? as i real need to get one off them i heat a pin over the stove then poke in

nice paint job on your little guys as well

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Monica.

Yes, it's a pin vice. There are loads of different sorts available, and several companies do sets of small drills. Once you've bought one, you'll wonder how you ever managed to do anything without it!

I'd go for this type:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STEEL-PIN-VICE-Hand-Drill-90mm-for-0mm-to-2mm-Twist-Drills-/221336018596?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item3388a79ea4

rather than this one:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIN-VICE-SET-4pc-suit-small-drills-Taps-files-ect-/111073583449?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item19dc806159

The first type has a swivel arrangement which gives you more comfort and control. With a little practise you can use them one-handed and use the heel of your hand to apply all the pressure - not too much!

And a box of these - which will be good for 95% of the times you need a drill:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-MICRO-DRILL-BITS-0-3-to-1mm-in-0-05mm-steps-1-2-1-3-1-4-1-5-1-6mm-in-case-/191022273243?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item2c79d092db

I tried Colin's (CDW) trick of shaking my figures in a large container with some bird grit. It puts lots of minute scratches on the surface which acts as a 'key' for paint. It seems to be working quite well as I've not had any paint fall off my figures so far.

Gern

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Gern thank for for the info very handy to know and im sure your right with the pin vice better than burning fingers and trying to get the pin out,

and added the to 1st spot on tools i need

will have to try that one out with the bird grit , only thing i hate with airfix the plastic to paint on, very helpful info ta