Dragon 1/16 Obersturmer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Sorry, dim of me. There does seem to be a colour for every conceivable need.

Richard - That's a good idea and worth thinking about for the future.

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Jim.

He's finished:

100_5001.JPG100_5002.JPG100_5003.JPG100_5004.JPG100_5005.JPG

First job today was to paint the rest of the equipment, That included the ammo pouches and gas mask canister, which I messed up and had to replace with a mess tin, which I think I prefer anyway.

I next painted the hands and rifle, and after careful test-fitting (for once in my life) glued them into place. The rifle sling was a bit of a labour of love, as expected, and took a couple of attempts to get right - it's made of paper and the wire from sandwich bag ties.

I don't know where the base came from, but as you can see I got out the Precision Ice and Snow, both the powder and winter camo wash, to try and create the effect of an early snowfall.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

That is one serious rifle you have there!

Nice finish and subtle base too with the early snow.

I guess your next project will be decided between sessions of Grand-dadding.

Enjoy the time, she will soon be a teenager and her iPhone will be her only friend, along with 99.99% of her peers!

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

I've often wondered at the length of Soviet rifles, which look like spears with the bayonet added. Reasonably pleased with this, though I think it's a bit boring - I'm planning a vignette with another figure to help lift it.

Next project will depend on the postman - two figures coming from the US. In the meantime I'm more or less alone with mother and baby - wife and son off to London tomorrow to see Neil Young and Bob Dylan in Hyde Park, my son's birthday present. As for the i-phone, my wife's the worst offender.

Diabetes check-up yesterday has put me back on medication. I knew something was wrong; fatigue, headaches, sore joints, peeing, and blurred vision, which was making modelling difficult (any excuse for a poor paint job).

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Peter,
that's a great job you've done with ,I agree, quite a boring figure. I especially like the woodwork on the rifle.
I'm sorry to hear about the health issues-hopefully the meds will do the trick.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Neil. I did my best with this one, but the colours combination was inevitably going to be a bit dull.

Re the health - I'm glad it's sorted and that I'm back on the meds. Should never have been taken off them.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunningly beautiful yet again Peter. One of your best faces ever. Like it a lot. Get back to the bench soon. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already LOL

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Another beautiful example of figure painting. Certainly not boring. Fitting the equipment, , especially the rifle and it's strap, show you have construction skills as well as with the brush.
Hope the medication sorts your health issues.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Very pleased that you like him. I'm at the bench, waiting for my granddaughter to arrive. Working on a Miniart Greek helmet just for fun (!!!!), and might make another ancient my next project, depending on how it turns out.

Jim - Many thanks.I find the final fitting out, adding the equipment, the trickiest part - trying to keep everything clean and glue-free. Re the health - the meds should sort it, but at the moment I have every type 2 diabetes symptom in the book. Such is life.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Top drawer work Peter.
Love the detail paint work on the whole build but the holster does impress.

Should have had rain here this morning, woke up to a bright sunny warm day ! Turned a little duller now.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
Another cracking build I cant help thinking he looks a little bit like George Michael

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thanks. As you know, I enjoy painting the equipment and a good holster is my favourite thing to do.

Scottie - He does look like George Michael!!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Perhaps you could do an ancient armour SBS one day?

Bronze etc as your metal work is always superb.

Selfishly, I have a 2nd of Achilles in the 1:10 bust range, which is nearly all armour!

Not a lot of Brad Pitt under the helmet, good for the poorer face painters though LOL

Hopefully your meds will even things out soon, and you will be back to your cheerful, chipper self again in no time?

Enjoy the family invasion

Have fun

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Well, I messed about with the Miniart helmet, but it really was a load of rubbish. I'll need to try and knock something else up before proceeding. I'll also try to do an armour painting SBS. The Achilles bust sounds interesting, though I seem to remember that Brad Pitt's armour was almost black?

I'd prefer to get on with the two new Dragon figures I've ordered as they will be the keys to some diorama/vignettes planned using the other recent builds. Unfortunately, they haven't arrived yet, though it's full-on with my granddaughter here at the moment - she pulled the door off the washing machine last night!

If the Dragons don't arrive, I have a 1/16 bust to be getting on with - 91st Infantry in the Crimea. Haven't done one that small before.