Dragon 1:32 scale Messerschmidt Bf110C-7

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
In another thread I described the instruction for this model as 'a rough guide to where most parts probably go'. That is the most complimentary description of them I can make. I gained more information from downloading the Eduard 1/48 scale kit instructions from their website and using them. If you build this kit take nothing for granted, get lots of references and test fit at every point planning two or three stages ahead. Do that and you will find you get an enjoyable build, in fact this was one of the most enjoyable I have had. The instructions were rubbish but the plastic really wanted to get built and was viceless. No fit issues except the underside of the engine cowls where some plastic card and filler did the trick and a small amount of filler was needed at the front of the wing root.

A couple of things though:

1/ When I build another I will get after-market p.e. seat belts, the kit p.e. ones were awful.

2/ The kit exhausts really do need replacing with the Quickboost resin. They really enhance the appearance.

3/ The decals are poor. Correction, they are incomplete, they went down well but there were no swastikas (as is so often the case) and no stencilling. I got an EagleCal set for these markings and the model really needs them simply because there are a lot of very colourful and prominent details that need adding, red no-walk lines, yellow and red warning triangles etc etc. the model looks all the better for them.

Anyway, take a look......

View attachment 76533

View attachment 76534

View attachment 76535

View attachment 76536

View attachment 76537

View attachment 76538

View attachment 76539

View attachment 76540

View attachment 76541

View attachment 76542

ab.jpg

ac.jpg

ad.jpg

ae.jpg

af.jpg

ag.jpg

ah.jpg

ai.jpg

aj.jpg

ak.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's really nice Barry. It makes a very impressive model when put together and painted so well. It must be some size in 1/32 too.

Here's a bit of trivia. The Staffel emblem is a Dachshund with an I-16 'Rata' in his jaws. It was modelled by Oberleutnant Brandis' own dog. Brandis was the Staffelkapitan and the dog was called 'Lockheed' after Brandis' first victory, a Lockheed Hudson, off Norway.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Barry. Strangely enough this is also one of the few Luftwaffe aircraft I rather fancy, just not in that scale though. Just how big is it? Quite a lump I imagine.

Lovely result.

Nice info about the nose art Steve. Good job it wasn't a flying fortress he shoot down... Poor dog.

Ian M

First Name
Mike
Really nice work Barry. Just finished an Eduard 1/72 one of these, and was even tempted by the same scheme.

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
excellant ........ really got to get me one of those ..... fantastic looking aircraft .... rgds

lindsey

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job Barry , it looks fantastic. I'm surprised that the kit decal sheet didnt have any stencils or walkway lines , its not as if its a cheap kit is it? As you say they really make a difference , great build , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
A superb build up to your usual high standard Barry.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Barry

I missed this build as it was happening so I've just read through the thread. Thank you for the heads up regarding poor instructions and the various potential bear traps this kit can throw up. I have the 110C7 in the stash and your advice will be very useful. I am shocked by the lack of stencil decals!

Now on to the finished article - that is a beautiful model. The paint work is lovely and the build quality excellent. Great work Barry, I hope mine turns out as well!

Brilliant stuff

Paul

chameleon 2009

Mike Tipping Models
SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
That's a really nice build Barry, VERY WELL DONE to you sir

Mike

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Love it. Came out great in the end. Wish they'd do a G4 kit. I'd snap that up in 1/32 :smiling3:

A

andyrobs

Hi Barry, stunning work as usual mate, top notch!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

K

Kressy_13

Nice work, a great looking 110. Wold be quite large at that scale.

M

mobear

awesome build Barry 1/32 might be too big for me think a 1/48 might be ok though,worthy of 5*s i think mate

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice, very nice Barry, I like this a lot mate.

Tony.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thanks again everyone.

Ole & Kresten, on the size issue - I understand 32 scale can be a bit big for some people but I find the impact that a model at this scale makes is well worth it. If you can find some room for this model at this scale it would be well worth it. I have some shelves that are 14 inches deep on which I dsplay this and other models, below is a pic of how it looks on the shelf in case that helps anyone make up their mind about whether they can accomodate it. I have popped in a 48 scale Spitfire to provide some added perspective, it does not normally sit there as this sheling is only for my 32 scale models.

View attachment 76747

IMG_00000376.jpg