Dragon 1/35th Bison Sig.33 Pz1

S

shaunfletcher

Having achieved a not too dreadful job on my resurrected A7V project I decided to approach something a bit more complex. Or I went insane, whichever turns out to be true..

I was lucky enough to get a Dragon Smartkit Bison Pz1 on special, and being a big fan of the vehicle for many years had to give it a go. I have completed the basic build of the 4 main parts (Hull, Armour Plating, Gun and gun-support) and am now fearfully contemplating trying to paint them prior to final assembly. The interior I painted before completing the hull as I wanted to get some detail in there.

The kit is a bit of a wow, casting has certainly come on a way over the years and PE parts included in a mainstream kit still seems very wierd to me! That said the instructions are lamentable with many outright errors and ommisions. I seem to have got everything together without any mistakes I couldnt fix and with no lost or destroyed parts which I am surprised by.

Now to the airbrush..

View attachment 47727 View attachment 47728 View attachment 47729 View attachment 47730

View attachment 50622

View attachment 50623

View attachment 50624

View attachment 50625

bison1.jpg

bison2.jpg

bison3.jpg

bison4.jpg

T

tommy1drop

Hi Shaun

That`s looking lovely mate, I have the ARK version of this in my stash, might get round to it one day, but your build so far is looking great!

Really looking forward to seeing more of this especially with some paint on it.

Are you going to add it to a dio or leave as a static display?

Tom

S

shaunfletcher

I have a vague notion of a russian street diorama.. I have in the long past some experience of scratchbuilding such things so perhaps I will be inspired if the model looks the part painted.

C

CDW

That looks well put together Shaun, very neat and tidy.

Hopefully the paint will go on fine and you'll get it into that little diorama you have in mind.

Plenty of painting and scratch building assistance available on here so you'll be fine :smiling3: :smiling3:

S

shaunfletcher

Thanks, I will definitely take peoples advice on board.

A lot of my time has gone into trying to make sure there are no mould marks, cutter flaws and dreaded mould lines (the ones around the wheels were really unfortunate).

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking quality on both builds looking forward to seein them together I've got one of these in my stash keep up the good work buddy

Geegad

S

shaunfletcher

progress at last

Finally got rid of work enough to spend some time on this little thing. having constructed a home made spray table Ive got the first coat of grey over the whole thing. Its actually quite a bit darker than it looks in the main picture (though not as blue as the second one which was under led lighting), going to need a lot of work to breath 'life' into it I think!

View attachment 48786View attachment 48787

Shaun

View attachment 51610

View attachment 51611

bisonpaintall1.jpg

bisonpaint1.jpg

Last edited:
T

tommy1drop

Hi Shaun

Coming along nicely mate, it`s really starting to take shape, now for the fun part.......the tracks!

Tom

S

shaunfletcher

Just got the top half of one track run assembled and draped on the model to set in shape. what a pain they are!

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
that looks the part budddy weathered real nice as well..

C

CDW

yep thats a tidy little model now it's all together.

Would look great just on a polished wood base when its done methinks:smiling3:

S

shaunfletcher

Just part way through the weathering up. I really have to do the insignia at this point before it is too late. Im so reluctant to use the decals, they are so precise and look nothing like the sprayed ones on real photos of the beast. But cutting and using stencils that accurately might be a bit too hard for my current skills. hmm.

View attachment 49122

View attachment 51930

bisonpaint5.jpg

C

CDW

I've found that hand painting on models and making it look like it was hand painted or painted in the field is quite a job, this looks very good from that image.