dragon 1/48 natter

S

Stevekir

\ said:
The middle top seam in your first pic shows. As a returning beginner with little experience of filling and airbrushing so far, I am finding that there needs to be a huge effort before even priming to make even quite tight seams disappear. Initial sanding after gluing, filling (usually with Mr. Surfacer 500 for other than real gaps), sanding, Mr Surfer.... many times, and then the seam shows slightly after priming, so yet more Mr. S and sanding and even then a trace of the seam remains after airbrushing with paint. The work of some modellers is so perfect that they must have spent ages filling and sanding. Must try harder.

Actually, I am finding that my very faint remaining seams often don't show in a photo, but that's not a way out (for me any rate).

A Flory Models movie shows him hand-painting a mat black on a seam which he says will show any remaining seam while that paint is still wet. Will try that.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The paint work looks distressed - I like it.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Steve, I think your airbrushing is very good, especially on such a small aircraft.