Dragon 350 Scale Uss Princeton

D

demon

I made the base from some spare 18mm mdf sheet I had I finished it by giving it three coats of sanding sealer then two coats of car wheel paint graphite in colour the perspex lid will just sit on this held by the sheet of mirror perspex under the ship that's the theory anyway next up is attach the lid to the four bits of perspex I'll have to work fast on this as I only have devcon rapid

Roger

D

demon

Confession time I messed up first up I snapped one of the pins that go into the ships hull so I'll have to drill out the stub left in the pedestal and fit a steel pin that won't snap second I glued the lid with devcon 2 part epoxy well when I picked it up to paint it one of the joints cracked so I'll have to nock it all apart clean all the edges then use some proper acrylic type glue all my other cases are a lot smaller I think that's why I have got away with it in the past still it's all a learning curve :smiling3:

Roger

2016-02-10 18.35.19.jpg

D

demon

I fixed the support columns by drilling out and fitting some 3mm brass tube into the ship and columns then I just used two drill bitts to slot the ship to the base job done just need to get some glue now for the case I'll have a look in the diy stores tomorrow but I don't think they will have anything that's any good I think it will have to be good old e bay again

Roger

2016-02-11 20.39.29.jpg

2016-02-11 20.35.03.jpg

2016-02-11 20.36.46.jpg

D

demon

Just ordered some cement type glue called model x pro for the case hope it works

Roger

D

demon

Got the cement today so I clamped it up and ran the thin cement in with a small brush as recommended it worked really well but you do need nice tight joints as it's like tamiya thin glue so has no gap filing properties at all then I gave it two quick coats of brass colour spray paint then pulled masking off as soon as it was touch dry

2016-02-17 19.42.45.jpg

2016-02-17 19.42.14.jpg

2016-02-17 19.41.45.jpg

2016-02-17 20.25.04.jpg

2016-02-17 20.25.46.jpg

D

demon

Next up add all the aircraft and vehicles also got the flag to attach and some railings and deck ladders at the rear of the ship and then it's about done I'll then put some pictures on finished models then I'll add crew as and when they finally turn up

Thanks guys for the encouraging words along the way I'll definitely build another carrier soon ish

Roger

D

demon

Now moved to finished builds

Thanks guys for the encouragement

Roger