Dragon 350 Scale Uss Princeton

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've just caught up again Roger and I'm really impressed with the work your putting in. It's looking great

D

demon

\ said:
Great work Roger, those 1/350 Aircraft must be a nightmare to do. Derek
Yes they are a challenge to say the least lol nearly done them I'll put up some pictures in the next few days

Roger

D

demon

\ said:
I've just caught up again Roger and I'm really impressed with the work your putting in. It's looking great
Thanks it's nearly done now I'll put up some pictures probably tomorrow the aircraft are Matt coated just got to put wings on the folded wing aircraft

Thanks for positive remarks

Roger

D

demon

Just a few pictures of the aircraft flight deck got to attach the canopies and wings on the avengers then all the aircraft are done it's getting near the end not much left now just a bit more railings and a few jeeps and tractors to paint all the best for now

Roger

2016-01-28 20.03.13.jpg

2016-01-28 20.02.44.jpg

2016-01-28 20.02.27.jpg

2016-01-28 20.01.37.jpg

2016-01-28 20.01.06.jpg

D

demon

\ said:
Now that is a demonstration of patience, great work. Derek
Thanks Derek if I can pull this off I think I'm ready for my hms warspite build I tend to run out of motivation after about six Weeks on the same project I really admire your build of the German ship you are doing at the moment now that's patience

Roger

D

demon

Just been painting the 4 jeeps and 4 tractors supplied in the kit very small and fidly but they are done now I gave them a dark grey wash with a touch of humbrol paint and lots of odourless thinners seems to work ok and makes the front grills and bits have some definition all that's left now are a few Bollards on the deck edges a couple of bits of railing and the figures the kit only supply 18 I want to get some resin ones from somewhere as I want the deck looking very busy all comments welcome

Roger

2016-01-31 19.21.45.jpg

2016-01-31 19.20.31.jpg

2016-01-31 19.20.03.jpg

D

Deleted member 4539

The jeeps and tractors are very nice done.

You may or may not know,but I think...L'Arsenal do some resin figures.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Thanks for the info PS your 700 scale is going well
Roger
Thanks Roger.

here is a link to l'Arsenal

http://www.larsenal.com/PBSearch.asp

D

demon

Thanks guys I'm not doing any more for a couple of Weeks till I can afford to get some extra figures for the flight deck and island

Thanks for all your support and positive comments during this build

Roger

D

demon

Hi guys just ordered two sets of figures from America that's about 100 usn crew to paint when they come I also ordered a load of 4MN perspex for the case that cost 30 quid including a bit of mirror perspex to go underneath I only ordered that to get the order up to over twenty five quid when it gets hear I'll do a sort of build of the display case along with finishing the uss Princeton

Roger

D

demon

The figures are north star us navy figures in working positions set 2 I'm hoping they are ww2 and not modern but I suspect that maybe if picked out in the correct colours it won't matter what era they are in this scale won't know till I get them here are the crew you get with the ship they are very detailed just not enough of them dragon really should sell these in sets

2016-02-04 21.59.09.jpg

D

demon

I got the perspex delivered today it has been cut to the perfect size so no triming needed I sanded the faces to be glued but not the edges of the sheets as they are sawn and will provide enough of a key for the devcon epoxy glue

I glued one corner at a time and checked the first two joints with a tool makers square and held it together with sellotape notice I only remove the protective covering from the inside face always leave as much of this covering on till the end I have learnt to only do one corner at a time letting each corner dry before moving to the next

More to follow soon guys

Roger

2016-02-08 18.33.51.jpg

2016-02-08 19.13.18.jpg

2016-02-08 20.09.19.jpg

2016-02-08 20.09.35.jpg

2016-02-08 20.56.38.jpg