Dragon Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf-L Late Production

M

Michael Boyes

\ said:
I would say that's a few shades too light Michael.
German / Panzer Grey was almost black in reality, although for scale purposes we need to lighten it.

Using the colour you've got now on just the most raised points of the tank would be fine.
Ye I agree the more I look at it the more it seems white to me I am going to shade all the outer bits in Panza Grey and see what that looks like before going back to the drawing board. I did the same with USA M3 Stuart I got the shading wrong and did it over again till it was right. Thanks for your help

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
i would tend to agree i would go a few shades darker then add light shades to the middle of the panel then add a darker shade to the panel lines and around hatches etc...

M

Michael Boyes

\ said:
i would tend to agree i would go a few shades darker then add light shades to the middle of the panel then add a darker shade to the panel lines and around hatches etc...
I am going to use a dark grey wash and white wash so that should bring out the panel lines I am going to do a snow covering over the Panza Grey so that will give more contrast too. I am also going to do some very light highlights on small things like hinges etc so that will give the eye another pleasing thing to look at

M

Michael Boyes

Just a small update been very busy since I had another procedure on my spine am feeling the best I ever have so am making up for lost time. I will be putting up some more pics soon of the snow camo

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Just a small update been very busy since I had another procedure on my spine am feeling the best I ever have so am making up for lost time. I will be putting up some more pics soon of the snow camo
Thats excellent news, hope you get super better soon. ;) :D

Love the tracks, and the missing pads, so going to 'steal' that idea for my panzer !! :D :D

M

Michael Boyes

Well its been very warm indeed to warm for spraying. Not had chance yet to do the camo hopefully soon I need to get the tank done then the base for it

M

Michael Boyes

Not been on for a while been getting my life back in order after illness. The dark nights are here now and its cold out so Model time it is then hopefully going to be finishing this one off

P

Piakio

\ said:
Ok back to Panza Dark Grey I have lightened up some areas with just a lighter Panza Grey I think this looks better now I have sealed it in so now I need the white camo doing decals, washes and weathering. Finding it hard to get my feet at the mo with all these new technics out there I use to do all this with humbrol paints and a brush lol
It will be magnificent, cheers

M

Michael Boyes

update still not getting this finished. My best mate has just died suddenly and I have had some really bad family stuff to deal with and my youngest son has moved in with me so the place is upside down. I will get this finished if it kills me lol

First Name
Dave
I've only just picked up this thread Mike.

Sorry to hear about your sad loss......my condolences :sad:

Modelling is in essence a past time, so let time pass and get everything back to a semblance of normality and pick up the modelling when time etc allows.

Your build on here is thus far brilliant and I for one will be looking forward to seeing it all done. No pressure though.:cool:

M

Michael Boyes

Well a small update, this model is going to take forever. Promised myself to finish most of it off before the end of Dec 2015 well that's come and gone and not a thing has been done to it.

Reason my youngest son had moved in on 7th of Nov so there is NO where to model now all my gear has been stored away for now. All I can do is wait for the warmer weather and do some modeling in the back yard....Life

P

Piakio

A Nice progress for now, like me color applied on tank, cheers ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
update still not getting this finished. My best mate has just died suddenly and I have had some really bad family stuff to deal with and my youngest son has moved in with me so the place is upside down. I will get this finished if it kills me lol
oh no so sorry to hear,never nice news,and for me always stuck for words,

my best wishers to you and your in this hard time,

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Ok back to Panza Dark Grey I have lightened up some areas with just a lighter Panza Grey I think this looks better now I have sealed it in so now I need the white camo doing decals, washes and weathering. Finding it hard to get my feet at the mo with all these new technics out there I use to do all this with humbrol paints and a brush lol
looking superb,real like how your done it,looks great,

is one thing that real needs to be done in my eyes, ;)