Dragon Sturmtiger scale 1:72

First Name
Aaron
I completed this 1/72 kit from Dragon

It was mad fun and out with the C.A as it has a metal top. Sorry my pics are bad but i made a homemade photobox and it fails lol. Anyway i gave this to SWMBO because everything i touch and give her is GOLD. Shes a bad critic because she just loves every model i make.

View attachment 43507View attachment 43508View attachment 43509View attachment 43510View attachment 43511

View attachment 46751

View attachment 46752

View attachment 46753

View attachment 46754

View attachment 46755

DSCF0879.jpg

sturm1.jpg

sturm2.jpg

sturm3.jpg

sturm4.jpg

A

andyrobs

Hi Aaron, great dio mate, very impressive indeed

Cheers, Andrew

D

dubster72

That's really good Aaron, especially considering the small scale. You've painted & weathered it nicely & the base sets it off very well.

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Aaron
Thanks guys its a cheap hack job i know, Luckt its half steel because i dropped it lots. Tbh its got so many coats of different stuff on it im surprised you can see the paint job lols. Next one has to be better, The scale is cool for me but i have a peeve about overscaled objects like the crane. Im trying an aircraft in this scale which is fun..ish. Thanks for looking.

C

CDW

I like that mate, really simple yet effective ..

Did you do the trees yourself (twisted wire?), if so what did you use for foliage? .... looks good

First Name
Aaron
Thanks again, yep Colin twisted wire with mulled up green steelopad then a layer of railroad flock. I really should have put a layer over the small trunk but thought the pva would hide the wire twists better. I put a layer of putty over the biger trunk.

C

CDW

\ said:
yep Colin twisted wire with mulled up green steelopad then a layer of railroad flock.
Thanks Aaron, i love doing trees in wire but my foliage always seems to be a bit of a let-down, will give this a try in my next dio.

First Name
Aaron
Colin your trees look wicked good. I love your dios.

Cheers Andy first 5* for me =)

C

CDW

\ said:
Colin your trees look wicked good.
I try, but your trees here look so much more naturally real mate ... and at 1/72 as well !!!!