Dragon Tiger 1 Initial Production.

First Name
Aaron
Beautiful platform for a healthy dose of mud, especially since there's a lack of side guards.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work on this so far,looking good,

the wood on the tools looks good, ;)

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Beautiful platform for a healthy dose of mud, especially since there's a lack of side guards.
Indeed! I've been liaising with my mate, who used to drive a scorpion, he's been talking about the realities of tracked vehicles speeding through mud! My mud application system has yet to have accuracy about the direction it takes, so a day or two trying out methods is long overdue!

D

dubster72

That's coming along nicely John. You're so right about doing a little bit at a time, that really helps!

T

tommy1drop

Nice looking kitty John, it's really coming along a treat, looking forward to seeing more;)

J

John Rixon

Thanks guys, it's going to take a while, as I'm being very patient about the oils drying before scrubbing away with the next layer!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good do like how your doing this one, ;)

J

John Rixon

Cheers, I'm trying to scuff it up a bit before doing the mud splashes. I think that the patina of use does build up over time, and layers are key to success. There'll be no chipping on this one, as it's relatively new, but 5 blokes clamber all over this thing every day, so I figure it's gonna have a lot of grime and wear!

First Name
Robert
John you've spent so much time in making this Tiger look clean and slick and awesome and definatly a damn threatening AFV now your gonna cover it in ####!!! That's gonna surely feel sore but as you say accurate

Really liking this

Robert

J

John Rixon

\ said:
John you've spent so much time in making this Tiger look clean and slick and awesome and definatly a damn threatening AFV now your gonna cover it in ####!!! That's gonna surely feel sore but as you say accurate
Really liking this

Robert
Ha ha, tell me about it! I'm just fired up by reading Michael Rinaldi's book on painting and weathering, and, partly because of my background, I just love tinkering about with paint! Slinging mud over these things is a bit daunting, especially as I haven't fully sorted out a system whereby the direction of the mud is completely controllable (gulp) but the Panzerkampfwagen iii came out ok, so I'm gonna move forwards from that. I've finished the surface weathering, so it's now in a box for a week or two to ensure its dry, then it's a light mist of varnish, streaks, dirt around the engine grilles, then mud. Until then, I'm glueing a Hanomag together ready for my first DAK paint job! :D

J

John Rixon

Getting back to the Tiger, oil paint now bone dry, so its now streaks (no, I haven't started them yet!) mud and general grime, all with Abteilung paints followed by pigments.

I was going to "Splash it all over", but have now opted for the brushing technique, purely because, although time consuming, it is so therapeutic!

tiger22.jpg