Dust

L

Levi van den Berg

Hello I was wondering if it is even possible to get your models dust free. I have them stored in display cabinets and taped of the bigger gabs there are only a few areas that dust could get in and still the glas gets dusty after a couple weeks when I look at it with a led light. Not that much but enough to annoy me.:smiling5:

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Levi.
I was bothered about this at one time, now I don't bother, mine sit in my cave in open cabinets. Give them a dust with a soft brush and the AB , set on low.
John .

L

Levi van den Berg

Evening Levi.
I was bothered about this at one time, now I don't bother, mine sit in my cave in open cabinets. Give them a dust with a soft brush and the AB , set on low.
John .
A open cabinet would be hell here I have 2 cats that like to mess-up my room:tears-of-joy:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OH ...... Not a good idea for you then.:disappointed: Levi
At one time you could buy seals for glass cabinet doors, the soft seal compressed with the door closing and produced a fairly good seal.
It was normally a one part, which was put on the cabinet.
blogger-image-1714717833.jpg

This is the type of seal, self adhesive, .
go to http://miniaturefairytales.blogspot.com/2013/09/pimp-my-detolf-dust-proofed.html
Good article, might be of some help .
John .

L

Levi van den Berg

Thanks for the advice definitely try it sometime

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hello I was wondering if it is even possible to get your models dust free.
Leave them in the box, with the parts all on the sprues, and the sprues in the plastic bags they came in.

IOW: you can’t. The best you can do is dust them off occasionally (in my case: once every couple of years at best :smiling3:).

enough to enjoy me.:smiling5:
Do you mean “annoy” by any chance? :smiling3:

L

Levi van den Berg

Leave them in the box, with the parts all on the sprues, and the sprues in the plastic bags they came in.

IOW: you can’t. The best you can do is dust them off occasionally (in my case: once every couple of years at best :smiling3:).

Do you mean “annoy” by any chance? :smiling3:
Lol yes annoy

Reactions: JR