Earthforce Omega Class Destroyer EAS Agamemnon

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well here I am about to start this awesome although for me scary battleship , the kit looks straight forward enough although it does have it's faults , many areas will have to be filled as it looks like little bubble holes appear in some parts

There are lots of little extras for this that include pe and white metal for anteny probably due to the fact that polyurethane resin is very hard but very brittle

This is my first attempt at resin so I don't hold out much hope of building a master piece but I couldn't turn down the chance to build on of the best SF warships ever to grace the screen

So into the unknown I go

The kits starts with the engine section first and and as you can see there is lots of flash and trimming to do View attachment 87212

Here is an example of the bubble holes View attachment 87213

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Interesting Al, lots of filler needed by the looks and a good clean.

Si:smiling3:

D

dubster72

This will be very interesting Alan. I'm not usually one for sci-fi models, but Babylon 5 is a favourite & if memory serves, this was Sheridan's ship during

the Mimbari war.

I have heard that Mr Surfacer is good for filling those resin bubbles.

First Name
Adrian
Watching this one closely as you know Alan, will you be doing it as the Agamemnon? I know they include other names to do but can't recall which ones :smiling3:

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
This will be very interesting Alan. I'm not usually one for sci-fi models, but Babylon 5 is a favourite & if memory serves, this was Sheridan's ship duringthe Mimbari war.

I have heard that Mr Surfacer is good for filling those resin bubbles.
Thanks for the info Patrick and yes it was sheridans ship :smiling3:

\ said:
Watching this one closely as you know Alan, will you be doing it as the Agamemnon? I know they include other names to do but can't recall which ones :smiling3: Adrian
You get the names for Alexader,Churchill,Heracles ,Pollux,Vesta and Apollo , I will be doing the Agamemnon as there was once a HMS Agamemnon although I was tempted to do Churchill :smiling3:

P

Polux

This will be a really interesting build!!!

Must admit, I have some resin kits on my collection (Accurate Armour) and they have all my respect, I always thing the resin is very difficult Material to work with...:confused: anyway this kit looks magnificent, with just some patience, this one will be a superb model on your stash ;)

My best wishes Alan!! As I said, I will follow this one closely :smiling3:

Last edited:
P

Polux

\ said:
Thanks for the info Patrick and yes it was sheridans ship :smiling3: You get the names for Alexader,Churchill,Heracles ,Pollux,Vesta and Apollo , I will be doing the Agamemnon as there was once a HMS Agamemnon although I was tempted to do Churchill :smiling3:
I understand correctly..? One of those space ships was called Pollux?

Maybe you know, but Pollux is a name of a star in the Geminis constellation... :smiling3: in fact are two..Castor & Pollux ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
All parts for engine section have now been filed filled and cleaned up , I'll have to wait now for the filler to cure properly before I do anything else :smiling3: View attachment 87302

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lots to do...fingers crossed it goes together well for you.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers it's slow going , I might start another kit in between filling and glueing :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well I'm nearly finished the engine section , surprisingly this went together quite well considering the filing and filling I had to do and the PE was a good thickness so it didn't bend as soon as you touch it

View attachment 87394

View attachment 87395

Just a few bits to add after this has been painted and then that's this section finished :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Are you priming and spraying or priming and hairy-sticking? I would be frightened of using a brush on that PE work. Looking good mate.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Brush priming and brush painting mate , I don't have an AB so it's a trip to halfords for a metal primer tomorrow :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Brush priming and brush painting mate , I don't have an AB so it's a trip to halfords for a metal primer tomorrow :smiling3:
Have you thought of just priming and then top coat in spray, then your excellent brushed weathering, may get a better finish.

First Name
Adrian
That's looking great, you could most likely get several different greys from Halfords if you wanted to spray can it and then like Si said weather it up with a brush after?

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Have you thought of just priming and then top coat in spray, then your excellent brushed weathering, may get a better finish.Si:smiling3:
\ said:
That's looking great, you could most likely get several different greys from Halfords if you wanted to spray can it and then like Si said weather it up with a brush after?Adrian
Thanks for the advice guys but I'm not too clever with a rattle can and I don't want to chance it , Santa is bringing me the complete set up because I've been a good boy this year so I'll wait until then to ruin my builds :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, you go with what you feel comfortable with Al. It will look good anyway. You a good boy? Yeah...