eBay a tail of woe (not for me though)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
So,
I saw this book by ScaleColor on eBay for sale, thought i would add it to my collection.

1621327318557.png

I did a bit of research and it retails for about £22-£25. The ebay listing started at 99p and you could make offers, so I put in an offer of £12 , this was rejected, so I upped my offer to £14 and again the offer was rejected, which meant I couldn't put in another offer. I put a bid in(£14), well come close of auction and only one other person had put a bid in I won it for £2.99. His loss :disappointed: my gain

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I love a bargain steve , sellers fault though , he shouldnt have been too greedy refusing your offers , his loss , your gain :thumb2:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Not much that a seller can (according to the eBay rules, anyway) do about this sort of thing - some do 'get round' by withdrawal because of 'alleged damage'

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Brings a smile to your lips & a spring in your step when that happens - I find that spelling mistakes & wrong categories can be pretty bountiful - I got one 1/48 aircraft, because the seller had put 148, instead of 1/48, consequently no other bids! It can pay to do searches, deliberately misspelling words! - cave venditor!
Dave

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Brings a smile to your lips & a spring in your step when that happens - I find that spelling mistakes & wrong categories can be pretty bountiful - I got one 1/48 aircraft, because the seller had put 148, instead of 1/48, consequently no other bids! It can pay to do searches, deliberately misspelling words! - cave venditor!
Dave
My eBay search is set so that it includes similar spellings to what I type in ;) can't remember how I did it though!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Not much that a seller can (according to the eBay rules, anyway) do about this sort of thing - some do 'get round' by withdrawal because of 'alleged damage'

Or the old get your mate to put a bid in to hike up the price.