Eduard 1/48. Mig-21 MF. The 'Cow'.

S

Scuff

This is my first Jet build and also my first non-Tamiya kit.

For the interior colours to match the photo etch hue, I used Gunze/Mr Hobby H46 Emerald Green with a touch of Tamiya X-4 Blue.

A dark dirt wash was followed by gentle highlighting of the edges with Tamiya Wethering Master Yellow and a silver pencil.

The 'Scope' was painted using Tamiya Clear Green.

The fuselage halves took a bit of gentle persuasion to make them fit snugly.

The Exhaust was sprayed with Model Master Metalizer paints, Stainless Steel, Aluminium and Gunmetal. The gentle heat staining was applied with Tamiya Weathering Master pigments.

The build has had a few niggles, mainly with poorly fitting parts. So plenty of sanding and filling has slowed me down.

I have just purchased a H&S Evo Silverline FPC 2in1 airbrush, so I am having fun getting used to that as well. The base coat was Tamiya XF19 Sky Grey. I airbrushed the panel lines with Tamiya XF1 Matt Black. Now, I wanted to preshade some colour variation, so the panel lines were only lightly sprayed so that the contrast between those and the panel shading was not too great. The plan is to spray the cammo colours lightly so that all of the panel lines and panel shading just show through with subtle variation in shade and colour.

The Panel shading was laid down first with Tamiya XF55 Deck Tan and then Tamiya XF2 White. The upper sides of the aircraft received a lot of highlighting and the wing roots etc received matt black. Hopefully this will give a much more realistic lighting effect on the model.

Anyway, here are the pic. As always - comments are welcome.....

Here we go with the Basic camo applied. The Underside was airbrushed with Vallejo Model Air 71047 Grey. The camo pattern was airbrushed by hand with no masking using Tamiya XF-2 white, Vallejo 71047 Grey, and Tamiya XF-85 Rubber Black.

This will be weathered later to give a more bleached and dirty effect.

As always, comments are welcomed.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work graham, really looking forward to seeing this one completed , cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Absolutely fabulous looking build so far Graham,that IP looks great !